Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anti-roll bar bushings

Options
  • 13-02-2021 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Ordered anti roll bar bushings for the car a while back, the registration matched the part number wrong so when I took the old parts off I had to put them back on, got the OEM number on the part itself. Ordered the part on Ebay. Part arrived but it doesnt have a slit in it anywhere, where the old part does have a slit. Also no part number on the new part but old parts have number printed on the side along with internal hole diameter. The replacements are from Japanparts and looks the same fit. Can I just make my own slit in the bushing? Or even attempt to slide it all the way through the anti roll bar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

You'd probably have done better buying the OEM part from a dealer or online, all you can do now I'd think is slit the ones you got and see if they do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

newmember? wrote: »
    You'd probably have done better buying the OEM part from a dealer or online, all you can do now I'd think is slit the ones you got and see if they do the trick.

Yeah I'll do that, they look identical in shape and the inner diameter is the same, only difference is no writing and no slit, but the OEM number on the package itself matches the ones on the car at the moment

Advertisement