Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Application for firearm with several serial numbers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

Just give them the Receiver number, lets not confuse anyone. Thats the most important thing,
    The receiver number is what goes on your licence, not any other numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Has anyone any experience with licencing a firearm with multiple serial numbers, and importing same?

As in, a receiver has a number, barrel another, bolt another, all different.

If I get a licence for one of those numbers then does that licence cover all the other parts of the firearm for import & licencing purposes even if they have different serials?

Restricted, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance :D

I'm fairly sure it's just the one on the receiver, you'd only put down the serial number of the individual parts would be if your importing them separately. Even then you'd probably have to get them stamped with the same number.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

It comes from the New EU firearms directive I believe, the receiver number is the one that goes on your license.
    If you where importing from another EU country the other serial numbers are not required on the import application.
    If you are importing from a non EU country all the serial numbered parts have to be listed on the import application form.
    This is for an individual import I haven't looked at the form for RFD import. And remember England, Scotland and Wales are all non EU now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Smashing, thanks folks.

Receiver number it is :D
    Wadi14 wrote: »
    It comes from the New EU firearms directive I believe, the receiver number is the one that goes on your license.
    If you where importing from another EU country the other serial numbers are not required on the import application.
    If you are importing from a non EU country all the serial numbered parts have to be listed on the import application form.
    This is for an individual import I haven't looked at the form for RFD import. And remember England, Scotland and Wales are all non EU now.

Cheers Wadi, it is going to be an individual import from the EU so no worries there.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Advertisement