Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 3008 gearbox

Options
  • 17-02-2021 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys. I have a 2013 Peugeot 3008 1.6eHDI, 106k miles on the clock, lately I seem to be having problems when selecting gears, for instance...if I am starting off in the morning it will not engage into auto mode but will stay in neutral, same in semi auto if I select the gear myself. However, if I turn off the engine and wait a few minutes and start the engine the gears will engage and work as normal. I'm just wondering if anybody else came across this problem and what was the outcome, many thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Transmission pump is shagged. Seen it. Probably wear on a bearing has ran filings through the whole thing.

Replace the gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

UPDATE: I left my car in to Peugeot main dealer for a diagnostic check, and while the technician was carrying out check found an issue with the clutch cylinder and slave cylinder stop, costing €850 to fix.

Sounds like a pure rob for a hydraulics issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Sounds like a pure rob for a hydraulics issue

From the fella who two posts ago thought it was a transmission pump issue, the car doesn't even have one!

Those boxes are a bit of a headache in fairness OP, plenty of lads wont even work on them. €850 isn't small money but it sounds plausible, I'd be inclined to go with it TBH.

How does the gearbox actuate the automatic gear changes without hydraulic pressure?

• Advertisement

How does the gearbox actuate the automatic gear changes without hydraulic pressure?

through an electronic actuator onto a sealed hydraulic system the same as a manual car in this case.

Done and dusted, and €850 lighter, apparently the 3008 semi-auto has a manual gearbox with a few changes, mechanic has told me that the fly wheel was also showing signs of giving up, at an extra cost of €600 to fix even though the gear box was out, decided to cut my losses and go with the €850 and leave the fly wheel, hopefully trading it in next week.

Bearing was cheap enough, but they had to remove the gearbox to get to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Black Bart wrote: »
    Done and dusted, and €850 lighter, apparently the 3008 semi-auto has a manual gearbox with a few changes, mechanic has told me that the fly wheel was also showing signs of giving up, at an extra cost of €600 to fix even though the gear box was out, decided to cut my losses and go with the €850 and leave the fly wheel, hopefully trading it in next week.

Charging €600 for labour when the part is easily accessed is a joke, shouldn't be charging you labour costs to remove the gearbox when it's already out

What he's saying is even with the gearbox out and no additional labour, the component would have been an additional €600.

For what it's worth with the limited info, i'd have left the flywheel be, OP.

I think you've done ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

What he's saying is even with the gearbox out and no additional labour, the component would have been an additional €600.

I think you've done ok.

I see what you mean, I thought you'd get a good quality flywheel for 1/3 of that price, but then again, main dealer and all that

I think you've done ok.

I initially booked the car in for a diagnostics check as the gears would slip occasionally and remain in neutral regardless if I used the gear stick or paddles at the side of steering wheel, however, if I switched off the engine and left it for a few minutes and restarted the car the gear selection would work as normal.

So when I brought the car in for check the mechanic came out after 2 hrs and told me the 'on board computer' simply shut down everything and the car was not going anywhere. Now, I know shag all about cars, but I thought if a diagnostic check was performed on a car it would show up all the faults by way of codes, and then the codes would be checked to see what the problems were, but they said that everything just shut down, it did show that the clutch cylinder was faulty and they tried to over ride the fault but no joy.

Basically they had me by the short and curleys, when they opened up the gear box, apart from the clutch cylinder they discovered the fly wheel was also faulty, they quoted me €850 initially to fix the clutch cylinder and when they discovered the faulty fly wheel they added on an extra €650, I just managed to scrape up €850 for the clutch cylinder as I couldn't afford €1.5k at such short notice, they did send me a video clip of the fly wheel and if was loose, he was able to rattle it with his hand, so fly wheel will have to wait a week or so, fingers crossed!

Just wondering if anybody else has had issues with this car? have been having trouble with mine and I think the Peugeot dealer that I brought the car to is taking the pi*s.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged threads.

Don't open new threads, keep to the one you have.

Advertisement