Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Heater fan not working.

Options
  • 25-02-2021 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

And for extra fun its a Japanese import..
    Got a 2006 honda stepwagon recently as needed a 7 seater, and hard to come by a petrol auto one thats Japanese..
    Got this one at a goodish price, 15 years old and average miles, needed a industrial clean and polish and abit of superglue on trim here and there but overall happy with it.
    I did not think to check the heater...everything else works fine, but morning after buying it i found that even thou theres heat in the vent, and the dash says its at full blow power, theres no waft at all....so been told its prob a fuse or the resistor for the heater...
    But it being an import with not a scrap of english anywhere, would anyone know where this particular fuse might be?? Would it be under dash fuse box or in the engine bay fuse box for starters?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

spacekiwi wrote: »
    And for extra fun its a Japanese import..
    Got a 2006 honda stepwagon recently as needed a 7 seater, and hard to come by a petrol auto one thats Japanese..
    Got this one at a goodish price, 15 years old and average miles, needed a industrial clean and polish and abit of superglue on trim here and there but overall happy with it.
    I did not think to check the heater...everything else works fine, but morning after buying it i found that even thou theres heat in the vent, and the dash says its at full blow power, theres no waft at all....so been told its prob a fuse or the resistor for the heater...
    But it being an import with not a scrap of english anywhere, would anyone know where this particular fuse might be?? Would it be under dash fuse box or in the engine bay fuse box for starters?? Thanks.

I would imagine it would be on the fuse panel under the dashboard inside the car, theres usually a diagram printed on the inside of the removable panel where the fuses are located . I once had a similar issue that turned out to be the fan blower motor itself and not the resistor, give under the glovebox a good whack and if the fan speed kicks up to where it should be then it's the blower motor itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have you checked the cabin/ pollen filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭John.G

On some cars, if the resistor is gone, the fan will still work at its highest setting, so perhaps fuse or (hopefully not) fan motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

Ok, if i hit the fan motor it starts to work but is noisy and slow..but does work essentially..
    However, when car gets turned on i have to do this everytime..
    So im guessing its the actual motor..then..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Ok, if i hit the fan motor it starts to work but is noisy and slow..but does work essentially..
    However, when car gets turned on i have to do this everytime..
    So im guessing its the actual motor..then..

Yep the motor itself must be absolutely shagged, but if it kicks up after a good whack then it's the faulty part, my mechanic explained it as something with the brushes,,had the exact issue myself on an Audi I used to own and had to hit under the glove box every time. Parts can be expensive I'd just go to a breakers and pick one up for 40-50€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

Great, will do thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

Great, will do thanks.

Just beware sometimes to replace the fan the whole dash needs to come out of some cars, others its acessible from drivers or passenger foot well, sometimes glove box needs to be removed. I would work on locating it and trying to get it out, then showing it to breakers or Google part number on it.

As others have said a blocked pollen filter can be root cause and sometimes the low high switch can be faulty too.

I had to cut air con hoses to get one in/out of a Micra , as dealer wanted £1000 for dash out and backstreet would not attempt it. I got there in the end. Fan comes right out on mainland Europe model with steering wheel on other side..

Advertisement