Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

This has popped up again, close to a season-long loan deal but may not be wrapped up before Bolton

Grand as a squad option, but hopefully not seen as a direct replacement for Bartley

From what I have read he is more of a left back. Can play centre back also though.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

In case nobody knows the Telegraph are running fantasy football for the championship

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/championship/home

Got about 9 hours to get your team ready for tonight's first game

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson having a medical before confirmation of a season long loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Zaph wrote: »
    Cameron Borthwick-Jackson having a medical before confirmation of a season long loan.

Good signing IMO , glad we've added some British players to the summer signings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

6 and a half hours to go!

Welcome back Leeds United....ruining your weekend 60 percent of the time, every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Good start today. A goal up after 2 mins.

Shaughnessy the clown gives away a needless peno mere minutes after coming on.2-3 after 66 mins.

Cooper the clown gives away a needless peno.2-3 after 66 mins.

It was spectacular, surely it must go down as a record for "most obvious shirt pull of all time"!

Cooper the clown gives away a needless peno.2-3 after 66 mins.

It wasn't Cooper
    It was Shaunessy

• Advertisement

I know he's been a bit of a scamp in the past, but like Luke Ayling as a player, lots of energy, covers a lot of ground and not afraid of snapping into the tackle. Very solid full back.

It wasn't Cooper
    It was Shaunessy

Corrected:D. Was going by the commentator:).

I know he's been a bit of a scamp in the past, but like Luke Ayling as a player, lots of energy, covers a lot of ground and not afraid of snapping into the tackle. Very solid full back.

MOTM for me
    Pennington was likely to get it before he went off injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How did the lads that went into Buskers get on? Any use?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How did the lads that went into Buskers get on? Any use?

Estimated crowd of 250 according to the West of Ireland Supporters Group on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was at the match yesterday, but unfortunately was in the Bolton end due to people I went with.

As always, the Leeds support was amazing. Plenty of shouts about a certain ex-manager. Although Bolton did have a chant saying "we saw you cry at the Reebok", which might be still raw for some when we dropped out of the PL, but that's a pretty witty chant.

The team performance was great. We zipped the ball around well, and some good goals. Being surrounded by Bolton fans, and it was a feeling of lump it up style which prob won't get them far at all.

Completely missed the first goal, because just 5 seconds before it they started a minutes applause for someone who died, so I turned to see the screen to see who they were applauding and then all of a sudden Leeds fans screaming in delight.

Good match though, and good start for the season.

• Advertisement

Confirmed today, according to SS News.

Bartley is reportedly signing a new 4-year deal with Swansea :(

Ah well, time to move on!

Has been mentioned elsewhere that there may be a stream for tomorrow night's match against Port Vale so keep an eye out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can anyone tell me how the sizing is on this years Kappa jerseys?

Decent debut from saiz!!!!!!!

Has been superb all night , Pablo could struggle for game time with this lad around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's a great debut, let's hope it can be recreated in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Saiz looks very strong. Only saw 2nd half but impressed

Only port vale, but some sexy football in the last half hour from Saiz and Alioski... Look a class apart from Doukara/Dallas/Sacko

Pleasantly surprised by Ekuban too

Away to Newport in the next round of the League Cup, but as they're having a new pitch laid they've received permission from the Football League to play their 2d round game away from home, so Elland Road it is.

We've been pretty lucky with the home ties in League Cup recently.
    Always good to get a lower league team, so can try out our squad players.

Big decisions for the boss this weekend especially after a few performances on Wednesday, especially Saiz. Pontus is back after his 3 match ban too. Nice to have plenty of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭championc

From last Sunday, i would expect the following changes - Saiz for Hernandez and Pontus (Captain) in for Peddington and Borthwick-Jackson for Berardi

A bid for Chris Wood of £12m plus add-ons from Burnley has been rejected. Further bids are not being encouraged apparently.

Oh here we go. :( it's going to be a very long wait until the transfer window closes.

It should really be shut before the first game of the season.

Now a 16 million bid has been rejected according to Sky, not from Burnley this time

Not under any financial pressure to sell, really hope they hold firm

Now a 16 million bid has been rejected according to Sky, not from Burnley this time

I wish it worked like that , but unfortunately I think its bon voyage to woody , we'll probably get 20m.... I expect him to be "injured" tomorrow

I wish it worked like that , but unfortunately I think its bon voyage to woody , we'll probably get 20m.... I expect him to be "injured" tomorrow

I saw something last week mentioning that £20m is the likely point where the club would consider selling Wood. The hardest thing to take is that while it's hard to deny him a chance at Premier League football, chances are if he goes to Burnley or similar he'll be back in the Championship in a season or two, as well as his departure hampering Leeds' chances of getting out of the division.

• Advertisement

I saw something last week mentioning that £20m is the likely point where the club would consider selling Wood. The hardest thing to take is that while it's hard to deny him a chance at Premier League football, chances are if he goes to Burnley or similar he'll be back in the Championship in a season or two, as well as his departure hampering Leeds' chances of getting out of the division.

The earning potential he has going to the prem is the biggest appeal , short career and he is on pittance compared to what he could earn in the prem at Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Purchased the match. The camera work is infuriating. It feels like someone is just filming it on their phone.

Brighton and West Brom have also had bids turned down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Finished 0-0. Hard to know what to make of that. We were on the back foot just before the sending off but had some great chances afterwards. liked Borthwick Johnson on his debut. Slotted in well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Still early days so far, new players need time to gel properly. I like the brand of footie Leeds are playing though.

Hopefully Woods stays...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Positive start to the season although it feels like two points dropped on Saturday with them going down to ten men. Wood missed a one on one that he really should have scored.

Looks like there will be a video stream available for every match this season if you know here to look.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Looks like there will be a video stream available for every match this season if you know here to look.....

*cough* PM please *cough*

After 7 goals in first two games and then seeing the red card I was fairly sure we'd manage the win on Saturday. The save from Wood was very good though and we had a bit of luck with them hitting the bar. Is there any price where the club would have to sell Wood? £20m, £25m? At that rate I think the business head of Radz would come out and have to accept a deal. 2 years left on the contract means he would be worth similar next summer though unless badly injured so we should hold off until then. Don't think it'd be possible to replace him regardless of transfer income as no similar player would come in on his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

From a purely dispassionate pov, it would be wrong to keep Wood from maximising his earning potential and as a consequence playing in the PL. There's a big difference at a higher level increasing personal terms from 100k to 150k a week etc than in Wood's case of just earning a reasonable income from the game. £20 million would represent a huge return to any average championship club

If a 20m offer came in, the club would have to offer to option to Wood. Lets face it, the last thing you want is any unhappy players feeling they are being blocked from earning serious money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

FWIW I don't think we will get near £20m for Wood (I would have said his value was more like £10m but these days valuations seem so inflated that who knows what might come for him before the window closes). I wouldn't hold it against Wood if he left - as others have said, it would be a huge opportunity for him but being honest I don't think he's good enough for the PL and I think last season might be the best season he will ever have. That said, as NuckChorris put it, there aren't many like him around that would accept the wages he is on so we would not be able to replace him unless we plan to fully reinvest whatever money we get for him so it's not surprising Radz is not keen to sell.

And just think about this time last year, when Wood was getting booed at the start of the season. We'd prob have taken a million for him off someone then.

Glad it's working out for him. Hopefully we can hold onto him and really give it a shot this year.

Losing him could result in a different style of play which could suit a different type of striker

Sell Wood for 20 mill, offer 5 for Ross McCormack...

Sell Wood for 20 mill, offer 5 for Ross McCormack...

Jesus no :( we'd be stuck with McCormacks 60k a week to make up the difference too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I wouldn't offer £5.00 for McCormack - his attitude would be a real problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hey lads.

The father turns 60 at the end of the month. He's been a passionate Leeds fan for 50 of those years. Season ticket holder for a few of them too.

I was trying to think of a Leeds type gift for him. Any ideas?

I was thinking of emailing Radrizzani and asking about a signed (by a few of the players) Leeds jersey. Love the new away jersey. Not for free either, happy to pay. Just hoping he could get one signed maybe.

Obviously a trip over for a game is an idea, but we'll probably be doing that too at towards the end of the year.

My most prized possession is a framed replica 1972 FA Cup Final jersey signed by most of the team (obviously Billy Bremner wasn't around). Given his age I'd say he'd love something signed by those players. You should be able to find one online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

My most prized possession is a framed replica 1972 FA Cup Final jersey signed by most of the team (obviously Billy Bremner wasn't around). Given his age I'd say he'd love something signed by those players. You should be able to find one online.

Yeah i was thinking of getting onto Johnny Giles and working from there.

I doubt he's on Twitter though :)

quarryman wrote: »
    Yeah i was thinking of getting onto Johnny Giles and working from there.

I doubt he's on Twitter though :)

You don't need to do that, the one I have was bought from a sports memorabilia website.

Cheeky loan bid for McCormack maybe...you would have to put him up in a gaf without gates too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement