Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to leave on last day of lease

• 17-12-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Quick question, lease is up on Sunday 20th, we are moving out that day as agreed. Landlady wants to collect keys first thing in the morning. Am I right in thinking we have the whole day to move and can request she come in the afternoon to collect keys

TIA
    Clashmore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Tell her you need the full day and will put the keys in the letterbox when finished. Assuming she has her own key. Perfectly reasonable to expect the full day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

The act is here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2004/act/27/enacted/en/pdf I don't see anything about times on the day you leave, then again didn't read the whole thing! Why do you think you have the whole day? If she asked in advance you could be ready to move in the morning? I guess its a nice gesture if you got on with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

Think I remember seeing somewhere that you are entitled to the full day as you have paid rent for that day, just can't find it know.
    We are only getting keys for new place on sat so wud be pushing it to be moved by pfirst thing Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

If it's not in the lease contract I would say it's open to negotiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Legally you have the whole day. Perhaps compromise and say she can come and inspect the property in the morning when your there, and then you leave the keys in the letter box when your done at end of day?

Going through the property with the landlord is a good idea before you leave anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

I plan to ask her to come after lunch, was going to go through the property with the landlady anyway wud just like the day to clear all my stuff out.

Advertisement