Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

wally79 wrote: »
    Or not!! Is he injured too?

Is Davies playing LWB? Not sure what the setup is going to be

Looks like Davies RWB and Iwobi LWB, Iwobi did very well last week so might not be an awful set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This has not been good.

No width whatsoever all game. Huffing and puffing to go up the middle.

It's all too one paced.

Allan has been good however

Not good.

Four defeats out of five.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nuts

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

WTF is going on - really fealt confident season start - all gone pear shaped since the Derby - liked the look of team today - anyone any idea why the dramatic fall ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

thebaz wrote: »
    WTF is going on - really fealt confident season start - all gone pear shaped since the Derby - liked the look of team today - anyone any idea why the dramatic fall ?

Too many injuries in defence forcing us to put square pegs in round holes and richarlison missing 3 games also

Richarlison was so wasteful in front of goal today, three or four attempts - all of them piss poor

For me the lack of squad depth is the issue, starting 11 isn't too shabby at all but injuries and suspensions hit us harder than most

I have faith in Ancelotti but some of his decisions are odd to say the least - his complete snub of Gordon being the main one

Richarlison was so wasteful in front of goal today, three or four attempts - all of them piss poor

For me the lack of squad depth is the issue, starting 11 isn't too shabby at all but injuries and suspensions hit us harder than most

I have faith in Ancelotti but some of his decisions are odd to say the least - his complete snub of Gordon being the main one

We were crying out for some pace and width

Can only presume Gordon is a knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The bench today was woeful. 6 absolute crabs on the bench. Nkounkou should have started and Gordon should be at least on the bench.

has Gomes turned in one good performance since injured ? - has Delph played one decent game since his arrival ? - has Davies played one decent game in 2 or 3 years ? - and Iwobi had about one decent game - Bernard is so erratic - I could go on

• Advertisement

Gomes hasn't just lost a yard of pace.. he's lost about five. He can barely move the poor lad.

Iwobi had his best game for us last week as a right wing back. Why put him left wing back yesterday when he could have played nkounkou left wing back. Poor management by ancelloti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Trailing already

Really dislike this 3-4-3

SickBoy wrote: »
    Trailing already

we got to be beating the likes of Burnley -

Good job we have all those full backs on the bench

Burnley are hilariously unsubtle. It's like watching a team from the 80s. It works well for them though.

they/them/theirs

Is there subtelty to what Everton are doing?

Maybe it's so subtle that I'm missing it.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is there subtelty to what Everton are doing?

Maybe it's so subtle that I'm missing it.

There is. I think you're being harsh on a team missing their 2 first choice full backs. Especially when Digne has been consistently our best player since he signed.

Iwobi is woojus though. Septic.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Why are we playing 3 at the back?
    It doesn't work for us

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    There is. I think you're being harsh on a team missing their 2 first choice full backs. Especially when Digne has been consistently our best player since he signed.

Thought iwobi has played well in his two games at right wing back.

Should be winning though and Delph should be released from his contract.

Iwobi was grand today

3 at the back does not work

James pass to Sigurdson should have been the difference between the two sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Top 10 finish this season so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ambitious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

A few injuries have really exposed us over the last few games,we don't have strength in depth which all the other ambitious clubs have-the transfer window can't come soon enough for me.

Burnley are hilariously unsubtle. It's like watching a team from the 80s. It works well for them though.

I remember Dyche used to wonder why they were always last on MOTD - its horrible stuff

lawred2 wrote: »
    Iwobi was grand today

3 at the back does not work

James pass to Sigurdson should have been the difference between the two sides

Iwobi was good defensively. His crossing was desperately bad. Tony Hibbert bad.

they/them/theirs

Iwobi was good defensively. His crossing was desperately bad. Tony Hibbert bad.

I wouldn't say that now - he provided a few great crosses during the game, like the one that DCL nearly toe poked in but those two at the end did seem like classic Iwobi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yeah. Looks like we will finish somewhere from 8th to 10th.

Pretty disappointing after the start we had

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say that now - he provided a few great crosses during the game, like the one that DCL nearly toe poked in but those two at the end did seem like classic Iwobi

Yeah the last two were horrendous

Advertisement