Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

https://youtu.be/aHOSJASqWGU

It's really not a good idea to wear fake football boots, the materials used are for show, not performance. Yes, real boots can give blisters and be painful, but structurally they are designed to support your feet, and wearing boots that are made from really cheap plastic is a disaster waiting to happen.

Feel free to ignore me, I'm not trying to judge anyone or to gain some sort of moral high-ground, but I would be weary of anything coming from DH Gate or similar sellers, even the good ones, that will be put under any sort of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Few more jerseys that I ordered off shoot arrived today, great quality again

One thing I did notice was on the front of the package in the description box, the items were described as "heavy stockings"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Few more jerseys that I ordered off shoot arrived today, great quality again

One thing I did notice was on the front of the package in the description box, the items were described as "heavy stockings"

Did you get excited for the stockings :D

The internet isn’t for everyone

Just a heads up dpd are emailing customers that their virtual address is closing from the 11th of December with parcel motel likely to follow suit so worth bearing in mind when ordering
    No deal brexit is going to shaft us I suspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just a heads up dpd are emailing customers that their virtual address is closing from the 11th of December with parcel motel likely to follow suit so worth bearing in mind when ordering

closing for good? :eek:

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    closing for good? :eek:

The virtual address is stopping from dec 11 due to brexit yes
    Email has been posted in the courier forum

An post is still an option as they have customs fee collection worked out when importing from the states

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did you get excited for the stockings :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So with PM off the table now, what are my options for ordering now.

Chance my arm with Irish Customs? Not too keen on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So with PM off the table now, what are my options for ordering now.

Chance my arm with Irish Customs? Not too keen on that.

Presume PM be good for a good while yet?

Presume PM be good for a good while yet?

Dec 11th apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I ordered 2 jerseys at end of September - no sign of these as of yet, still with China post. I emailed Sandy and stated that these were for a birthday present and i was refunded, but was asked to pay if they come through - which I will. Has this non-show ever happened to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I ordered 2 jerseys at end of September - no sign of these as of yet, still with China post. I emailed Sandy and stated that these were for a birthday present and i was refunded, but was asked to pay if they come through - which I will. Has this non-show ever happened to anyone?

Did you check your tracking number on parcelforce website? They could have been held in customs there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you shipped to your household address (as opposed to PM/PW), I've waited the guts of 3 months for items to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Basq wrote: »
    If you shipped to your household address (as opposed to PM/PW), I've waited the guts of 3 months for items to come through.

I had it shipped it PM - no information on ParcelForce for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

I had it shipped it PM - no information on ParcelForce for it.

Try searching the tracking number on this site. Its the one I use and its quite good
    https://www.17track.net/en/postal/03011-china%20post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Dec 11th apparently

Haven't seen this announced anywhere for Parcel Motel? I know they are increasing their prices. DPD's Parcel Wizard is shutting down on December 11th.

It appears Ive misread the post above. My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

Mine in dubai since 23rd November, shipping with dhl

It'll sit there til a shipment moves but shud be quick once it gets going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

It'll sit there til a shipment moves but shud be quick once it gets going

Nice one, sound

henke wrote: »
    Haven't seen this announced anywhere for Parcel Motel? I know they are increasing their prices. DPD's Parcel Wizard is shutting down on December 11th.

I get that there will be changes due to brexit but I don't get how parcel motels business model is just going to collapse and theyll do nothing about it

I get that there will be changes due to brexit but I don't get how parcel motels business model is just going to collapse and theyll do nothing about it

Maybe they will nobody knows at the moment
    Parcel motel is owned by ups so I doubt the motel side of things brings in enough to warrant the hassle of a no deal brexit
    Paying customs on behalf of customers in advance or collection of funds at time of parcel arriving can be costly and would it even be worth using them if you’re paying any form of customs

An post have a plan in place with addresspal and it’s the same as their plan for products from the states.

When flights are back to normal in Ireland the chances of getting kits to the door will be much higher, customs in Ireland are doing feck all at the moment that’s why we are having to use the U.K. option

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I wonder what the craic will be from July with VAT/Customs on things from outside the EU,could the days of Sandy/DHGate be over?

I wonder what the craic will be from July with VAT/Customs on things from outside the EU,could the days of Sandy/DHGate be over?

Just pay the customs that are liable from the declaration form on the package
    Sportswear $20 was my last declaration from Sandy for €130 of gear

Any update on your parcel man?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

"Belfast Depot, awaiting payment of customs charges"

First time getting this. Ordered 4 shirts to Parcel Motel.

What's the procedure here to resolve this?

Esse85 wrote: »

You need to email or ring parecl force for Customs payment reference number.

Once you have that you can pay the charge. Once you pay the charge, maybe a 15 or so considering its 4 shirts and it will be realesed to PM

You need to email or ring parecl force for Customs payment reference number.

Once you have that you can pay the charge. Once you pay the charge, maybe a 15 or so considering its 4 shirts and it will be realesed to PM

Thanks a million. Did trying ringing parcel motel this evening and it said no agent available and to call back and they cut you off. Have sent an email, will rind again in the morning.

Thanks a million. Did trying ringing parcel motel this evening and it said no agent available and to call back and they cut you off. Have sent an email, will rind again in the morning.

Dont sweat it, it will be resolved in a day or two once you follow up.

Got 11 retro NBA jerseys delivered from DHL today, I had to pay 44 euro in customs but it was well worth the money. Was sure they would be destroyed...

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    Got 11 retro NBA jerseys delivered from DHL today, I had to pay 44 euro in customs but it was well worth the money. Was sure they would be destroyed...

Ive got 3 shirts and shorts sets. All been worth it. Youd pay 100 quid for 1 jersey here.

Ive got 3 shirts and shorts sets. All been worth it. Youd pay 100 quid for 1 jersey here.

I was sure they were gone when I seen clearance event on the DHL app! That's cool, glad you got yours, sandy is very reliable and her stuff is top quality, really there is no difference to me from the so called real replicas

jk23 wrote: »
    I was sure they were gone when I seen clearance event on the DHL app! That's cool, glad you got yours, sandy is very reliable and her stuff is top quality, really there is no difference to me from the so called real replicas

Ive yet to have an issue with her goods. All great prices, unnoticeable quality and pleasant customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Esse85 wrote:

Just ring parcel force. They can give you. 17 digit number that was in the letter they sent to parcel motel (which you won't get) and you pay the vat online. And they realise it!

Happened to me this month. Was tracking the stuff and it was stopped since 16 November and I heard nothing about it

peteb2 wrote: »
    Just ring parcel force. They can give you. 17 digit number that was in the letter they sent to parcel motel (which you won't get) and you pay the vat online. And they realise it!

Happened to me this month. Was tracking the stuff and it was stopped since 16 November and I heard nothing about it

It's parcel motel I've ordered with.

"no support agents are available to take your call"

I get this constantly.

No reply to my email, have resent it.

"no support agents are available to take your call"

I get this constantly.

No reply to my email, have resent it.

Waste of time ringing parcel motel when they don’t have the package yet

The Belfast depot that has your parcel awaiting customs is parcel force, you’ve already been advised here to contact them so that’s what you do next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Esse85 wrote:

You haven't. You're just using that as your delivery address. It's parcel force you need to contact. It's them that deliver to parcel motel!! As I already said, I've done this only this week.

By all means keep ringing parcel motel and getting no help. And in 21 days from when they received it PARCEL FORCE will return your item to China.

Parcel force is who China Post use to delover in the UK. You ordered through Sandy who is using China Post and they use Parcel Force to deliver to your Parecl Motel address.

Parcel force is who China Post use to delover in the UK. You ordered through Sandy who is using China Post and they use Parcel Force to deliver to your Parecl Motel address.

But they ordered with parcel motel !!!
    When did they start selling knock off shirts lol

Glad to know it's Parcel Force not Parcel Motel because the feedback for PM regarding customer service and packages going missing is absolutely horrendous.

• Advertisement

Glad to know it's Parcel Force not Parcel Motel because the feedback for PM regarding customer service and packages going missing is absolutely horrendous.

People tend to complain about a company when things go wrong but don’t leave good reviews when things go well
    Look at yourself for example blaming parcel motel for your package being held up and they don’t even have it lol

People tend to complain about a company when things go wrong but don’t leave good reviews when things go well
    Look at yourself for example blaming parcel motel for your package being held up and they don’t even have it lol

Suppose you never made a mistake in your life from the sounds of it.

Feel free to check out parcel motel feedback on social media.

I will update the quality of the shirts when I get them.

Suppose you never made a mistake in your life from the sounds of it.

Feel free to check out parcel motel feedback on social media.

I will update the quality of the shirts when I get them.

when i ask for advice i read it and take head of the reply, you were advised to who to contact and started talking about ringing and emailing parcel motel

every delivery company has bad reviews online

£21.64 GBP charge to be released.

£21.64 GBP charge to be released.

Not bad at all, still way less than what you would pay for 4 jerseys here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

4 or 5 kits from shoot jerseys ordered via DHL delivery, stopped at customs, €39 to release them
    Last time this happened shoot gave me credit on next order
    Not bothered either way as it is still great value for great quality kits

cavan4sam wrote: »
    4 or 5 kits from shoot jerseys ordered via DHL delivery, stopped at customs, €39 to release them
    Last time this happened shoot gave me credit on next order
    Not bothered either way as it is still great value for great quality kits

My order was from Shoot too.

I haven't bothered to tell them. Think I'm done ordering until next season now.
    Seems to be too many packages getting stopped these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

My order was from Shoot too.

I haven't bothered to tell them. Think I'm done ordering until next season now.
    Seems to be too many packages getting stopped these days.

That's only the 2nd package I've had stopped and it was last Xmas too and I've had over 50 orders at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Hi guys I've had no update on my tracking for my parcel from shoot since the 4th of december. Tracking said it was still in China on the 4th, I'm thinking it might be stopped at customs. I'm using parcel wizard and conscious they close on friday, I don't think my parcel will get there on time. not sure if there is anything I can or should do?

• Advertisement

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Hi guys I've had no update on my tracking for my parcel from shoot since the 4th of december. Tracking said it was still in China on the 4th, I'm thinking it might be stopped at customs. I'm using parcel wizard and conscious they close on friday, I don't think my parcel will get there on time. not sure if there is anything I can or should do?

I'd say it hasn't been sent yet, not even left the factory.

Advertisement