Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Zero To Use for .22 T&P + MP?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Just a quick question about what zero to use for the above? Do you zero at 25 yards and aim higher the closer in you get, or do you zero at something like 10 yards and aim lower the further out you get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

I zero at 25 and move up as I get closer. I think most lads do the same but it's a matter of personal preference I suppose. You might also find it difficult to get enough adjustment out of your scope to zero at 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

if you shim the back scope ring or get moa rings you can zero at 25,15, and 10 mark those zeros on your elevation ring and dial at those distances and aim for the X ring all the time. No guess work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I zero at 25m and then holdover at 10m, about the top of the 10 ring at 12 o'clock puts me on the x.

I must invest in a better scope that will allow me to easily adjust zero between 10m, 15m, 25m and 50m.

It happens occasionally that I forget about the holdover at 10m and consequently I'm shooting off until I realise what I'm after doing. I suppose the same could happen when adjusting the scope between distances too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I use a scope with and adjustable objective, if you acquire some nail polish from your missus or girlfriend or boyfriend and color code your elevation turret and the corresponding distance on the focus ring its easier to have remembered to have adjusted both at different ranges. So for example if you use blue at 25 turret zero is blue and focus ring for 25m is blue.
    I find the red very fetching lol

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Thanks for the info lads, very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭delboythedub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

Zero at 25m, same aim point at 15m, then aim 20mm high at 10m firing point.

Zoom about 12 power at 25m, 8 power at 15m, and 6 power at 10m.

Advertisement