Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to practice T&P1 and Multi target?

Options
  • 05-08-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to practice these competitions and have been trying to program various apps to run the course of fire.... but it's tricky to get it to work (not being able to easily interrupt and restart the "match".

I looked at the CED7000 - but that doesn't seem to facilitate the requirements.
    Is there some other multiple pprogramable time (not even specifically for shooting purpose).

Any help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Have you ever used a voice recording on your mobile fone, record RO words of commands and the timings , so your practicing the complete comp from arriving at the firing line to shooting the comp and safely bagging your firearm. (use a whistle as your stop/start firing on your recording).
    Good thing I find about it is its very realistic practice and with a set of ear phones in you don't have to touch the fone from when you start until your finished the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Good Idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Try the app 'Workout Timer'. It's a boxing bout round timer. You can set it up to give a 5 sec 'Standby', then the different match timings.
    Free and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

There is an app called "Seconds" which is available in the Android app store. It's a high intensity training timer.

It allow you to do such, that is what I have used in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭badaj0z

The NASRPC are staging a National Match this weekend, the 8/9th of August at the ECSC range in Roundwood. All the usual Small bore pistol disciplines are on offer including 25 Metre Precision, T & P 1 and MT. There is plenty of capacity for people who want to shoot. The best practise is reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 smandmars

Best i have found is 25m Pistol Timer, can be found on the Google Play store for free. You will have to create a custom match for each detail, which takes a little trial and error to figure out. Unfortuantly i cant post a link or screen shot as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

I use Seconds Pro (paid version) and have built up most of the standard T&P/Multi/1020/1500/GP40

I can share them if anyone needs them, just send me a PM.

Advertisement