Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower cutting off & faucet hot water cutting off/running cold after a few minutes

Options
  • 11-04-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

I moved into this new apartment (in a large complex) a few weeks back and have been experiencing some issues with the faucet & shower (not an electric shower). Hot water is controlled via a main control which allows for two options being either 1 hour or on demand/all day, whatever your preference is.

The below issues keep happening no matter the setting. I normally just use the 1 hour setting for my morning & evening showers. The hot water is otherwise turned off the rest of the day.

The issues are as follows:

1. Shower cuts off after about 10-12 minutes sharp (timed it a few times). If I try to turn it on again, no water comes out, only a few droplets. I have to wait about 15 minutes for it to start running again. I checked and each time, the control shows hot water as still on.

2. Bath faucet (specifically, the other ones are fine) - if I turn on the hot water at the bath faucet to test it out or to run a bath, it turns lukewarm after about 10 minutes and affects the hot water provision the through vehicles in the apartment which also become lukewarm. I have to turn off the control, turn it back on and wait for the water to heat up to get some hot water again.

I doubt it's an issue with an over-usage of hot water since I only take a 10 minutes shower both in the morning and a night. I don't use hot water at all the rest of the day.

I will raise this with the property manager in order for them to send someone from maintenance, but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated. I won't touch anything, it's more so for my personal knowledge really.

Thanks!

Advertisement