Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water how to turn off

Options
  • 09-04-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Staying in rented house.
    Not sure of where the mains turn off point is.

It apparently is out front of house but looks to be some meter attached.
    Was expecting an old fashioned stop valve.

Is this it in picture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭spuddy4711

Rotate the handle at top of image, turns water off
    Apologies, I thought your picture was of Irish Water type meter, like mine, which has a handle to turn on/off.
    Yours seems to be an attachment, maybe wireless. Not sure if you’re able to see a handle after all. Below poster is right, valve under sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The stopcock should be located immediately inside the house at the point that the water mains feed enters the building.

If you can't find the stopcock in the house you can turn the feed off at the meter, usually after removing a frost cap on top of the meter.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭irishguy19772

Is it that plastic handle on the left of the meter? Can't find the one inside house

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

See the white bar under the blue handle in the meter? That looks like a stopcock to me. Turn it 90 degrees and check for flow at the sink then.

Otherwise, ring the landlord and ask where the stopcock in the house is.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement