Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finasteride

Options
  • 08-04-2021 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

So I'm sure that there have been questions about Finasteride before, but I want to know if anyone has ever used topical (external) finasteride? It is a much more recent product, and doesn't have the same side effects as oral Finasteride.

I'm assuming a prescription would be required either way, though I'm not sure how you could go about getting one in these lockdown days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Does it even exist? I don't even think the FDA has approved it. Google certainly doesn't easily come up with any products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I have used a topical preparation of finasteride and minoxidil since 2018. It does work. I have ran out or gotten lazy with it a few times and I notice increased shedding and a strong itch after a few weeks. I have not had side effects, none that i've noticed anyway.
    And no I am not going to tell anyone how I have come to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

I have used a topical preparation of finasteride and minoxidil since 2018. It does work. I have ran out or gotten lazy with it a few times and I notice increased shedding and a strong itch after a few weeks. I have not had side effects, none that i've noticed anyway.
    And no I am not going to tell anyone how I have come to have it.

Even in PM? Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Because we far as I'm aware, such products have not been approved for use in the eu. So I couldn't in good conscience be facilitating the use of pharmaceutical products that are essentially illegal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Because we far as I'm aware, such products have not been approved for use in the eu.
    Good point. Thread closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement