Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Sunday 4th April Fairyhouse/Cork

• 04-04-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Few selections for Fairyhouse:

Yesterday was a good day for favourite backers, and, I think some of the favorurites look fairly solid today also.

2:20 – I’m going to take a chance on SHE’S COMMANCHE e/w who has won two big field handicaps this season, one at this track. It could be the type of race where one of the horses at the top end of the weights could have a bit too much class, however. Shakespeare’s World looks interesting on bumper form behind Thedevilscoachman

3:20 – ATLANTIC FAIRY’s form with Global Equity that tied in with two Cheltenham winners in Telmesomethinggirl and Heaven Help Us stood out for me.

3:50 – GENTLEMANSGAME again looks a worthy favourite here, with his only defeat coming at the hands of Gaillard Du Mesnil who went on to finish second to Bob Olinger in the Ballymore.

4:25 – I liked the look of JERANDAME e/w here. Coming off the back of three wins, albeit after quite a long break, there seems to be a bit of support in the market for him. Stable had a winner here yesterday with Ificudiwud. winner here yesterday with Ificudiwud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Balkito – 12/1 ew 3 places - I think it’s been improving in its races, and was unfortunate over 2m (where it fared better than 2m4f) being hampered twice by fallers.

She’s Commanche – 10/1 ew 3 places – It’s only really raced against poorer horses, but on the right ground its done enough to win. Whether it has the ability against better horses is an unknown, especially with it not having the ability to stick it out on heavier ground, but it’s a nice price.

Echoes In The Rain – 5/2 – One of the favourites, or thereabouts. Seems to be getting better on better ground, not too fresh or too heavily raced. The experience of racing seems to be standing to it.

Brave Way – 40/1 ew 4 places – 2m4f seems to be its distance, and it did fine against Skyace in a previous race, Skyace which has been heavily backed over night. This tells something of its ability. A real ew shout.

Power of Pause – 20/1 ew 3 places – Did well on similar ground in NHFs and beat some decent horses on poorer ground. Its recent form has been poor but I’d be hoping for a return to its ability.

Whatsnottoknow – 14/1 ew 3 places – Always seems there or thereabouts. Did well over slightly further distances, so maybe the odd racing distance in this one will suit. The ground should help as well.

Andy Dufresne – 11/4 - Taking on Asterion Forlange who’s deserved favourite, and Franco De Port who’s tipped but I feel needs more time off. It looks like this race has been targetted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

3.40 Market Rasen, Path To Freedom. Horse is around 13/8 on the exchange. I've just finished backing the horse to win. Horse decent placings in recent times and decent jockey on board. In contrast to what's in the race, the horse should win fairly comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mad that Skyace only made £600 at the sales. Placed in 3 bumpers in Ireland you would have thought it would have made more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Few selections for Fairyhouse:

Yesterday was a good day for favourite backers, and, I think some of the favorurites look fairly solid today also.

2:20 – I’m going to take a chance on SHE’S COMMANCHE e/w who has won two big field handicaps this season, one at this track. It could be the type of race where one of the horses at the top end of the weights could have a bit too much class, however. Shakespeare’s World looks interesting on bumper form behind Thedevilscoachman

3:20 – ATLANTIC FAIRY’s form with Global Equity that tied in with two Cheltenham winners in Telmesomethinggirl and Heaven Help Us stood out for me.

3:50 – GENTLEMANSGAME again looks a worthy favourite here, with his only defeat coming at the hands of Gaillard Du Mesnil who went on to finish second to Bob Olinger in the Ballymore.

4:25 – I liked the look of JERANDAME e/w here. Coming off the back of three wins, albeit after quite a long break, there seems to be a bit of support in the market for him. Stable had a winner here yesterday with Ificudiwud. winner here yesterday with Ificudiwud.

Bad day for the selections and firmly one to be put in the learning column!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Doing all the wrong things and putting 0.5pts on January Jets e/w. Gotta get my account looking healthy by risking even more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement