Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BH Airlines - Sofia and Burgas to Belfast Intl??

• 31-03-2021 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

This is an interesting route which caught my eye recently and it appears to be a Bulgarian based airline that seems to do a mixture of scheduled and charter work. They operate a couple of flights per week into Belfast Aldergrove Intl from both Bourgas and Sofia. I have looked at their awfully bad quality website but the flights are not available to book. Is it a cargo operation or passenger?

Comments

These are passenger flights for Balkhan Holidays UK. They operate a lot of charter flights from UK Airports to BOJ for Summer and they do winter ski holidays to SOF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

this might be the mortal remains of Balkan Bulgarian airlines, which used to operate from Belfast and Dublin to Bourgas and Plovdiv in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Stovepipe wrote: »
    this might be the mortal remains of Balkan Bulgarian airlines, which used to operate from Belfast and Dublin to Bourgas and Plovdiv in the 90s.

They've been regulars at BFS for years now, I seem to recall seeing their colourful Tu154s back in the day too prior to the A320s, but can't say what they were before BH Air.

There was Hemus Air too but a quick search shows it as merging into Bulgaria Air in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I went on one of the Tu154s to Plovdiv in 1997. Colourful is a good word. Maybe, not the right word, but a good word all the same.

Advertisement