Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schools closed 2020 - when covid

Options
  • 27-03-2021 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

schools closed - covid -Friday 13 march 2020-
    returned 27/8/2020 - secondary.

were they open anytime - in between those dates???

Can you find out exact dates /times they closed due to covid - from any relaible source

thanks
    paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

No, we were in level 5, the physical school buildings were not open with kids attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

School buildings were open for a summer programme for some students in August 2020 before the new school year began.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

School buildings were open for a summer programme for some students in August 2020 before the new school year began.

I was just enquiring off they were open for students generally between those dates at all ?

I just couldn’t quite recall if they did officially come back for a few weeks in between -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

We don't need anymore school closures. Poor kids are going to have a poorer standard of education. As regards sports, they'll be at a disadvantage skills wise compared to older kids. Also bad for fitness and physical health, let alone mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

We don't need anymore school closures. Poor kids are going to have a poorer standard of education. As regards sports, they'll be at a disadvantage skills wise compared to older kids. Also bad for fitness and physical health, let alone mental.

I’m looking for the information for a friend helping him with social welfare paperwork - hardship - he wasn’t sure of school opening / closing - concerning , covid - last year - needs that info apparently -
    As regards your comments - can’t say I disagree - teachers health / families - should be prioritised if number don’t drop - they have no choice whether to be there or not - my 2 cents worth , anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I’m looking for the information for a friend helping him with social welfare paperwork - hardship - he wasn’t sure of school opening / closing - concerning , covid - last year - needs that info apparently -
    As regards your comments - can’t say I disagree - teachers health / families - should be prioritised if number don’t drop - they have no choice whether to be there or not - my 2 cents worth , anyway

Fair play, the paperwork issue often stops people getting resources they are entitled to!!

Advertisement