Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid - entering IRL via Belfast Airport

Options
  • 21-03-2021 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

There are current restrictions on travel from Central/South America to the UK - although British/Irish nationals can enter so long as they self quarantine for 10 days.

If I fly in to Belfast, is it acceptable if I agree to self quarantine south of the border? Has anyone been in the same situation recently and done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chinkaroo

You are supposed to offer yourself up for 2 weeks hotel quarantine if you’ve been to any of the countries on the list. Not sure how they will police this, if it’s law or just simply frowned upon if you don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

chinkaroo wrote: »
    You are supposed to offer yourself up for 2 weeks hotel quarantine if you’ve been to any of the countries on the list. Not sure how they will police this, if it’s law or just simply frowned upon if you don’t.

My understanding is that there's a 10 day self quarantine required in the north. I've no idea what happens when I tell them I'm going to proceed to do that - but at an address in the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you enter via a UK border post they will seek proof of onward travel to Ireland

Since Ireland and UK use a unified border control setup, the UK will know you are required to hotel quarantine and may seek proof of such. Basically from 4am Friday any passenger arriving from South America needs to enter managed hotel quarantine

The biggest problem will be checking in as your destination is UK they may refuse boarding without sight of a UK quarantine booking. You say your destination is Ireland and they will run that through the TIMATIC system which is what airlines rely on for entry rules and it will flag same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

The biggest problem will be checking in as your destination is UK they may refuse boarding without sight of a UK quarantine booking.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that NI had implemented a system which required 10 days of self isolation at home or where-ever person is residing immediately after arrival?

Advertisement