Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycle to work scheme

Options
  • 13-03-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

Has anyone applied to this since the start of the year.
    I sent in an application last week to the Department of Education and I am just wondering how long it is taking for it to be processed at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Has anyone applied to this since the start of the year.
    I sent in an application last week to the Department of Education and I am just wondering how long it is taking for it to be processed at the moment.

I thought it was put on hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I just availed of it through ETB. Took about 2 weeks between getting paperwork organised with the bike shop, submitting it and then waiting for it process. I’m working from home right now but hoping to be in a position to cycle to work by the time the very high risk are back in school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Just to update.

I got an email back today confirming that my application is bring processed by the department.
    I posted it in on the 5th of March, and they said the application will be complete within 10 working days from now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Treppen wrote: »
    I thought it was put on hold!

That was lockdown 1 when they were busy in the department. Back since last summer or so. Have been thinking about getting myself an electric bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Just to update.

I got an email back today confirming that my application is bring processed by the department.
    I posted it in on the 5th of March, and they said the application will be complete within 10 working days from now.

Good luck! I collected Saturday and it’s an absolute dream to ride. I bought myself a cheap old city bike to make sure I could cycle before going for this. The difference is unbelievable even though I went for the chunkier tyres for weight and for the less good sections on the canal tow paths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Anyone know if you can apply for the cycle to work scheme if you're a subsitute teacher that won't be paid for the Summer?

Aquals wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can apply for the cycle to work scheme if you're a subsitute teacher that won't be paid for the Summer?

It may be possible if you have a contract until the summer.
    I think they you can tick a nox that will allow payroll to deduct your full payment for the bike in one lump sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Hi there,

Just wondering do you post the form or email it? I know home tuition payment forms are all emailed now. Thanks

*never mind - just see the email address at then end of the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya I think I'm going to jump in also.

So what's the deal. Do you just go into a bike shop , pick out your machine and hand them the department form to fill out then return it to dept. Then collect your bike when the shop rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I was in bike shop today. They just gave me invoice and i have to download the form and post it to Athlone

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya I think I'm going to jump in also.

So what's the deal. Do you just go into a bike shop , pick out your machine and hand them the department form to fill out then return it to dept. Then collect your bike when the shop rings?

The shop i went to gave me the form to fill in for payroll.
    I only had to post it!

It took 3 weeks from the day i went into the shop until i collected it.

Advertisement