Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passport application operations suspended

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    “Year or two” - you reckon?
    looks like it might be quicker!!

I'm glad they now look like they will be processing again when numbers are low and panic (from Tony and the lads) seeming to receed.

We will have another wave of Covid this Autumn (perfectly under control as we will mostly be vaccinated) with scary percentages of immune escape variants as a proportion of overall infection and the "experts" like Tony and his advisors will react with all manner of restrictions whilst the booster vaccinations are being administered, possibly including work restrictions leading to pausing of passport processing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I'm glad they now look like they will be processing again when numbers are low and panic (from Tony and the lads) seeming to receed.

We will have another wave of Covid this Autumn (perfectly under control as we will mostly be vaccinated) with scary percentages of immune escape variants as a proportion of overall infection and the "experts" like Tony and his advisors will react with all manner of restrictions whilst the booster vaccinations are being administered, possibly including work restrictions leading to pausing of passport processing again.

I contacted a member of the passport team through the web chat. He said the only way people were getting them within days as some say they have is if absolutely everything is in order. So even for a simple renewal like my own, if the photo was slightly off & required editing or needs taking again, then it just sits in a pile until they return to work in the office. It would have been a lot simpler if they had communicated this at some stage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Disgraceful contribution by any measure

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Disgraceful contribution by any measure
    If you can point out whats incorrect I'd be much obliged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Ordered my passport last Wednesday night, uploaded photo taken by phone onto the online system. Passport arrived Friday morning. Definitely the best customer experience to date for an Irish system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭prunudo

So after applying at end of February and still nothing as of last week I checked to see how the application was progressing via the tracking service, initially it said it was being processed and now says there's as issue with the photo and they would send an email.
    Problem is, no sign of email in any of the folders, and webchat is disengaged as they say they're busy. Any other tips in getting my application back on track?
    Also no idea how I'm going to get a photo they're happy with, at the time it took numerous tries before it accepted a photo when I originally applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

prunudo wrote: »
    Also no idea how I'm going to get a photo they're happy with, at the time it took numerous tries before it accepted a photo when I originally applied.

I used my phone camera and a makeshift selfie stick involving a sweeping brush, sellotape and the timer function. After submitting it i noticed the image was mirrored but figured they'd just reject it and I'd try again... Nope, they processed it.

App received 14/2, estimated 25/2. Simple renewal online. Just now in the printing stage.

• Advertisement

The notice on the passport office website that they are not processing passport cards is now also removed, so seems like they may be producing those again.

They have also removed ANY mention of the farcial continuing level 5 restrictions which Mr Donnelly admitted were being abused by the government for internal civil service admin purposes and kept as an ever more diluted level 5, rather than being altered to reflect reality of it really being level 4 or level 3 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Their Twitter said 6-8 weeks for backlog to be cleared- most applications will be completed in May, first time applications and passport cards likely to issue in June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

talla wrote: »
    I submitted an online renewal on Sunday Jan 31st as my passport was expiring at the end of February.
    I was shocked when I received the new passport by post in Letterkenny on Thursday February 4th - so it arrived in four working days.
    The other strange thing was that the online passport tracker says the passport was only dispatched on Feb 9th :confused:
    Anyway, I applied for the passport card at the same time, there has been no progress on that yet.

Passport card finally arrived today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I hope someone can help, on my daughters application my year of birth is wrong, is there anyway to change this before i send off the application?

Advertisement