Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosive - main room, main dance floor electronic tracks

Options
  • 16-02-2021 11:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I watch vids like this and I'm thinking, "that's a rave - people making crazy shapes.... what is the point?".

Mainly because I was under the impression dance environments were intended to be, basically, a simulation of boinking, and the aim was to encourage liaison between man and bitch woman.

I'm glad to see these still exist for the 30+ demographic cause, hate to say it but, I might be getting a little past partying with college girls.

I'm not seeing much "liaising" going on there;

None the less, the music itself is certainly still a good representation of doing the nasty.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

*slow clap*

Another drivel thread with the same conceited and chauvinist attitude that seems more at home in the late 70s or early 80s at best. Perhaps stay out of the music threads that are about music and spend a bit more time in Social & Fun threads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1664

The nocturnal thread may suit your bullsh1t ideology a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭1cxb0tkuav6p4l

One to the list.

Amsterdam Trance just delivers time and again.

"Cause I still hear your voice...... whisper in my ear.... and I am haunted....."

Jebus that gives me the chills.

Will Atkinson turns out another pro-genius production.

Honestly I think the UK and Ireland are global hotbeds for real nightclub style production.

Though, titled after Ibiza.

I've never actually been to Ibiza.

I heard it's like, British trash culture central, but so many producers describe it as a "magical island".

:confused:

Extremely cool, extremely explosive melodic uplifter.

Like an uplifter that makes the ground shake.

❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Will Atkinson is a beast, and a bit of a mad b*stard.

Hmm... that vocal stuff isn't for me.

• Advertisement

^^ I tend to agree, but I guess it's true what they say;

Genius often seems to go hand in hand with a little madness (or certainly being outside the box).
    In my mind definitely one of thee most precise and creative producers around at the moment.

I'd heard James Dymond comment in interviews that, during production, he focuses on what makes an impact specifically in a dance club environment.

I'd heard this track forever ago and thought, "yeah, nice, catchy, cool drops etc".

Recently I listened to it again through a proper sound system - difference is night and day; through laptop speakers it's just another track, through a sound system, it's a masterpiece.

Dymond V Chris Schweizer.

Can't quite make out those lyrics,

"something something something..... come to me..... I'll give you rest....".

Bad ass for a trance production.

I just gotta leave this here also,

A lot of trance production focuses around being "transcendental" or "dissociative".

Out there in the universe.

I get a little philosophical with this track cause;
    About the time of its release I had hit this huge shot of ketamine.

It's reported to induce "ego dissolution" but, I mean you get out there in the universe pretty good.

The chorus vocal in this track is - "love is the one thing that transcends the dimensions of time.... and space....".

In astrophysics terms, the cosmic phenomenon which actually transcends time and space, are blackholes.
    According to Stephen Hawking, theoretically worm-holes could work but, they're pretty much theoretical and in a sense, they are intentionally fabricated blackholes anyways.

Point being, blackholes pull things in.

We've all heard the expression, "fall in love"; thus in the strict dynamic sense, "love" itself is analogous to a blackhole.

i.e. "love" is the phenomenon itself which pierces the dimension of time..... and space.....

So I'm just saying, the lyricist got this one pretty spot on.

It may not seem readily apparent but, a dissociative dose of ketamine reveals the more comprehensive nature of reality, the pulsing viscous nature of the universe, and "love" is the medium through which we optimally address it, as it transcends its very fabric.

So the only question left to ask now is, am I as mad as Will Atkinson?

I think so.....

I'd like to believe I am.

Advertisement