Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollies: Papers and Filters

Options
  • 22-11-2005 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Rizzla or Swan? Green, red or blue? What's yer poison or in this case, poison packaging? :)

Personally I prefer Swan papers, usually green though occasionally blue. Licorice(sp?) papers on the odd occasion.

Filters-wise I normally use Rizzla "slimline" (actually quite big tbh) since that's what the closest shop sells. Sometimes I make the trek into the tobacconists and pick up a few packs of Swan Extra-Slims. Very thin smokes but easy to carry around (they come in boxes the size of a 10 box of ciggies). Also more smokes per ounce of tobacco which is nice.

Comments

Ugh Licqourice!

Never understand myself! I do use green Rizla myself, but love JOB when I see them. Nifty little double pack. As for filters? Any piece of cardboard usually suffices, however I hate when people use the front of the packet for a filter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Usually Swan green, sometimes Rizla if they don't have any Swan.
    Blue papers are pretty good, always have found them hard to roll for some reason but it cuts back on the taste of paper.
    White skins just taste odd imo!
    I've never used a filter, cardboard roach occasionally but will usually just do without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Papa Smut wrote:
    Ugh Licqourice!

Never understand myself! I do use green Rizla myself, but love JOB when I see them. Nifty little double pack. As for filters? Any piece of cardboard usually suffices, however I hate when people use the front of the packet for a filter!
    Ditto about the front of the pack... or when they open it up to use the green part at the back.

Green Rizzla myself, hate the thinness of blues. The skins you get in a pack of Amber Leaf tobacco are nice too.

Filters I tend to just use a piece of cardboard, have a few in my rolling box for them (Red Dwarf IV: Camille video case :))

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Filters are way better in my experience. Roaches just don't do the job as well. For tobacco anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm a Rizla Green man myself tbh - though i never use a filter or roach at all - possibly cus i roll pencil thin rollies whenever i do smoke em, so am quite practiced at not getting anything in my mouth :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Aye, rizzla green for me, unless I'm sharing my rolly, in which case, I'd use rizzla large size slims.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I use rizla blue or else zig zags and always use a rizla filter with my cutters choice. I actually prefer rollies to normal smokes but its just not an option working out in the rain and there isn't enough time to roll one before more customers come along. As for liqourice- rotten. I use the blue skins because the paper is nice an light. I don't mind using green but the red ones are too thick altogether and i find you can only taste burning paper.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

speaking of rollies

what is the mildest/lowest in nicotine tobacco you can get?

Beruthiel wrote:
    speaking of rollies

what is the mildest/lowest in nicotine tobacco you can get?

Drum Light has less iirc. But "light" tobaccos have a fair bit of chemicals added to them. So it's a trade off really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

How about that herbal stuff that one would find in herbal cigarettes?
    No tomacco ARAIK, but they will keep the rolly burning abeit with little taste.

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    How about that herbal stuff that one would find in herbal cigarettes?
    No tomacco ARAIK, but they will keep the rolly burning abeit with little taste.

I've never tried mixing it tbh. It could work.

*shrugs*

Plus isn't tar the big issue?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nesf wrote:
    Plus isn't tar the big issue?

yes

where would one get these herbal cigs?

Advertisement