Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMX

Options
  • 07-04-2021 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭

Rapper DMX continues to be on life support and is in a vegetative state, former manager says

The rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, is still on life support and has little to no brain activity or function, his former manager told The New York Times and BuzzFeed on Sunday. Hundreds of people showed up to support DMX's family as they held a prayer vigil outside White Plains Hospital on Monday. DMX had a heart attack over the weekend and was not taken off life support despite previous reports.

His heart attack apparently brought on from an overdose as he has mental health issues

It does not sound good but hopefully a miracle happens and he pulls through and gets the help he needs, decent rapper and actor also

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Hope he gets the physical and mental treatment he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Major media outlets starting to confirm his death now (Bloomberg, NPR).

Pitchfork already have an article up. https://pitchfork.com/news/dmx-has-died-at-50/

Was aboutto post this too. RIP DMX

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

Condolences to his family and the African Irish community.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

This one hurt, one of the rappers that got me into rap, carried the east coast on his back for awhile, raw energy that few have these days. RIP to the legend, would nearly guarantee that whatever he OD’d on was laced with Fentanyl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

JohnMcm1 wrote: »
    Condolences to his family and the African Irish community.

Why the African Irish community?? Anyways, grew up listening to DMX.. being a teenager in the 90s him and Eminem were always my favourite. DMX put out album after album of quality material. His energy was unreal with a voice like no one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

horsebox09 wrote: »
    This one hurt, one of the rappers that got me into rap, carried the east coast on his back for awhile, raw energy that few have these days. RIP to the legend, would nearly guarantee that whatever he OD’d on was laced with Fentanyl

It was a heart attack and he was known for his crack addiction...so I would guess it's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

My favourite DMX story is his getting signed by Def Jam in ‘97/‘98, by rapping for Lyor Cohen with his jaw wired shut, after having been badly beaten up days beforehand.

My favourite DMX story is his getting signed by Def Jam in ‘97/‘98, by rapping for Lyor Cohen with his jaw wired shut, after having been badly beaten up days beforehand.

Are you mixing that up with Kanye?

"Through the Wire" is the debut single by American rapper Kanye West. West wrote and recorded the song with his jaw wired shut after a car accident in October 2002.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

iamstop wrote: »
    Are you mixing that up with Kanye?

"Through the Wire" is the debut single by American rapper Kanye West. West wrote and recorded the song with his jaw wired shut after a car accident in October 2002.

If I confuse DMX with Kanye you can delete my account.

10m15s in Waah Dean and Ja Rule tell the story.

DMX also told the story recently on Talib's podcast.

Advertisement