Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel shed

Options
  • 27-11-2020 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Looking to get an insulated steel shed either 25 or 40 mm insulation,
    has anyone got the 25mm insulated one is it enough to stop condensation on the inside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

the furry lining is normally enough to stop it in a well ventilated shed.
    The different thicknesses of insulation help with comfort

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭El_robbo1980

the furry lining is normally enough to stop it in a well ventilated shed.
    The different thicknesses of insulation help with comfort

Agree with this. Have a non-insulated SteelTech shed with the anti-condensation lining and it works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Thanks for the replies, think il go with the 25 mm insulated just for the comfort of working in it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Did you do this in the end? I am thinking of doing this next month. Some pics would be great and what you decided to do

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

sohappy wrote: »
    Looking to get an insulated steel shed either 25 or 40 mm insulation,
    has anyone got the 25mm insulated one is it enough to stop condensation on the inside?

I'm looking at getting 40mm insulated steel shed/garden room.. I plan on plaster boarding the inside,giving it smooth finish all round.. will I need further insulation or is the 40mm in wall panels amd roof enough? Any info would be much appreciated

• Advertisement

whats the plan for ventilation
    what use are you putting the shed to? : boudoir? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

Would 12mm marine ply not be a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Speaking of steel sheds, why don't they make them with normal door heights. I'm tall and looking for one with a normal height door. Like 1.9m

Any recommendations for a steel shed about 4x2.5 meters?

Speaking of steel sheds, why don't they make them with normal door heights. I'm tall and looking for one with a normal height door. Like 1.9m

Any recommendations for a steel shed about 4x2.5 meters?

pm sent for a 2.020 m clear door ope shed and the eaves re c 2.120

whats the plan for ventilation
    what use are you putting the shed to? : boudoir? :)

It comes with vents,insulated roof and wall panels,on a concrete base..

• Advertisement

And it will be used as an entertainment room,with TV,sofa,chairs,bar,fridge etc

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

Sorry to hijack but I am also considering a steel insulated shed, could you pm a link to the supplier you are using?

Or could anyone else recommend what structure would be suitable for use as a home gym, possibly with a partitioned area for general storage of lawnmower, tools et

coff66 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but I am also considering a steel insulated shed, could you pm a link to the supplier you are using?

Or could anyone else recommend what structure would be suitable for use as a home gym, possibly with a partitioned area for general storage of lawnmower, tools et

No prob.. from my extensive research in to the insulated steel sheds,they are a great option.. I have seen some internal finishes which resemble modern homes,i am just weary of whether they can withstand the irish seasons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

No prob.. from my extensive research in to the insulated steel sheds,they are a great option.. I have seen some internal finishes which resemble modern homes,i am just weary of whether they can withstand the irish seasons etc

Thanks for that! That's the big conundrum isn't it, lots of choice but hard to know the quality of the finished product and how they will last in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just jumping in here but can anyone send a reccomendation for a supplier for a 10x8 shed? Not sure if it's across the board but steeltechs has increased around €200 over the past while in that size and lead time is July but looking to get it in soo early than that

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If the size is your main thing any you're not pushed on the layout, ask the company if they have a cancellation list for stuff that was manufactured and returned or orders that were queued and later cancelled. Neighbour of mine managed to get a shed within 8 weeks this way.

I think she got it through the shed factory.

We got our steel shed from FINNISH, Moylough, Galway.

I don’t know if they do insulated but no harm contacting them.

finnishsheds.com

Advertisement