Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Solid wood worktop (delivered to Westmeath)

• 06-04-2021 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Due to Covid I'm having trouble sourcing a solid wood worktop. I'm in Westmeath and the few places who are open to people outside of trade that I have contacted are unwilling to deliver to Westmeath. We have an OSB here in Mullingar, but they're closed to all but trade unfortunately.

Any recommendations of places to try? I'm not looking for cutting, finishing or installation. Doing all that myself. Just looking for delivery.

Thanks in advance,
    alanmc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ikea? They used to do solid oak and beech worktops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

mloc123 wrote: »
    Ikea? They used to do solid oak and beech worktops

Good shout. Just had a look there. The Solid Wood ones are not available for online ordering, but they have a 3mm laminate over particle board option which looks pretty good. I'll call it Plan B. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Have you tried any of the local builders providers ? Might be able to order in. I find Kilmurrays in Mullingar very good. Maybe B&Q Athlone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

alanmc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Due to Covid I'm having trouble sourcing a solid wood worktop. I'm in Westmeath and the few places who are open to people outside of trade that I have contacted are unwilling to deliver to Westmeath. We have an OSB here in Mullingar, but they're closed to all but trade unfortunately.

Any recommendations of places to try? I'm not looking for cutting, finishing or installation. Doing all that myself. Just looking for delivery.

Thanks in advance,
    alanmc

Crowd called Woodworkers (woodworkers.ie), might not do delivery but give them a ring and maybe see if you can arrange delivery yourself through a courier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im confused, your looking for solid wood worktop, then mention osb and particle board being ok.?

Woodworkers terenure definitely do solid oak, i bought mine there. But picked it up myself in the van. It weighed as much as a house and was a prick to take down off the van. Alas i was solo doing it.

Maybe phone them and ask if they have or can recommend delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

I know a reasonably priced Westmeath courier who does Dublin Mullingar daily - pm for details if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

listermint wrote: »
    im confused, your looking for solid wood worktop, then mention osb and particle board being ok.?

Woodworkers terenure definitely do solid oak, i bought mine there. But picked it up myself in the van. It weighed as much as a house and was a prick to take down off the van. Alas i was solo doing it.

https://osbgroup.ie/

My kitchen has solid wood worktops already. This is for a utility room, so I was hoping to match. But the particle board option from Ikea has a 3mm wood laminate covering. Looks almost exactly like my other worktops. It could work.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I have a few avenues to explore now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mloc123 wrote: »

Osb isn't a solid wood worktop . Unsure what your link was meant to provide.

Osb isn't a solid wood worktop . Unsure what your link was meant to provide.

That link is the company OSB I was referring to in my OP. They supply kitchen stuff (including worktops), but as I said in my OP, they're closed to all but trade.
    We have an OSB here in Mullingar, but they're closed to all but trade unfortunately.

Great, now that that's all cleared up ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Abbey Woods in Baldoyle deliver countrywide

Advertisement