Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Electric Shower?

Options
  • 05-04-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

We're getting our en-suite refurbished and part of that is to replace the shower unit.
    The head will be one of the large rain type units, if that's the correct name???
    As we currently have a tank fed Triton T90sr (aporox 6-7 yrs old), are we restricted to an equivalent and if so, what's the best on the market?
    Are Triton the best?
    Top requirement is high flow and quieter would be nice but not at the expense of power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

JMR wrote:
    We're getting our en-suite refurbished and part of that is to replace the shower unit. The head will be one of the large rain type units, if that's the correct name??? As we currently have a tank fed Triton T90sr (aporox 6-7 yrs old), are we restricted to an equivalent and if so, what's the best on the market? Are Triton the best? Top requirement is high flow and quieter would be nice but not at the expense of power.

The Triton T90sr silent shower is hands down the best quality & is the quietest.

Mira Elite SE is cheaply made. Cheap plastic that cracks & breaks like no other shower. This is the only Pumped electric shower with a rain head. Being an electric shower the rain head isn't very powerful but it has a rain head.

Both showers are 9.8kw @240v and 9kw here in in Ireland @230V. If you want good pressure then it's a power shower you need. Problem with a power shower is that you have to heat up your water before showering

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The Triton T90sr silent shower is hands down the best quality & is the quietest.

Mira Elite SE is cheaply made. Cheap plastic that cracks & breaks like no other shower. This is the only Pumped electric shower with a rain head. Being an electric shower the rain head isn't very powerful but it has a rain head.

Both showers are 9.8kw @240v and 9kw here in in Ireland @230V. If you want good pressure then it's a power shower you need. Problem with a power shower is that you have to heat up your water before showering

Thanks for that.
    I was mistaken in my original post, its a T90xr we currently have. Is the T90sr silent a step up from this, would flowrate be better?

JMR wrote:
    Thanks for that. I was mistaken in my original post, its a T90xr we currently have. Is the T90sr silent a step up from this, would flowrate be better?

Flow rate will be almost identical. The problem with electric showers is that they can only heat up a small amount of water because its instant. If you turn the dial all the way to cold you'd get close to 10 litres of water per minute. If you want warm water then you have to reduce this to 3 to 5 litres of water per minute depending on the time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I have mira electric se dual shower with the rain head as well as the regular shower head,we have it almost at the ceiling so it's very nice and relaxing, it is very silent for an electric shower the power is stronger the cooler you have it but that's great for the summer months, it's nice you can use the regular head at the same time as the rain head to, We have another mira shower that runs off the mains and the water comes out so fast you could drown and we have no pump attached so the pressure is amazing

Can I combine the Triton T90sr with a rain type shower head?
    The water is gravity fed from the cold water tank in the attic.

Are these rain type heads only suitable with a pre-heated pumped system due to the higher pressure requirements?

• Advertisement

Triton don't do a rain head for the Triton T90SR. For a rain head you'll have to take a drop in the quality, compared to the T90sr, & go for a Mira Elite SE Dual. You'll pay an extra 120 euro or so for the rain head

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

forestgirl wrote: »
    I have mira electric se dual shower with the rain head as well as the regular shower head

I'd second this one

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Triton don't do a rain head for the Triton T90SR. For a rain head you'll have to take a drop in the quality, compared to the T90sr, & go for a Mira Elite SE Dual. You'll pay an extra 120 euro or so for the rain head

Drop in quality in terms of flowrate (pressure) or something else?

It is feasible though, to have a rain head operating off an electric shower, yes?

I'd second this one

You're happy with the performance? Good pressure etc?
    Can I assume water is fed from attic tank to the shower in an upstairs bathroom?

Thanks

JMR wrote:
    Drop in quality in terms of flowrate (pressure) or something else?

The Triton & mira have the exact same flow rate. Both very quiet but Triton slightly more quiet. A lot, but not all, of the Miras wine when the flow dial is in the particular position. The reduction in the quality is the build of the shower. Miras are cheaply made. The shower hose even isn't a chrome hose. It's a cheap plastic one. Plenty of clients ask us to replace the plastic hose with a Triton chrome hose. The plastic on the shower casing is cheap and becomes brittle. There are 7 or 8 triton showers in Ireland and the UK for every one Mira. Running a shower repair company we get far more complaints about Miras compared to tritons. Mira Elite SE showers have a higher failure rate compared to the triton t90sr. Having said all that you can get lucky and get a mira that isn't troublesome

JMR wrote:
    It is feasible though, to have a rain head operating off an electric shower, yes?

Yes & no. Rain heads traditionally would have flow rates of 15 to over 20 liters per minute. An electric shower can only put out 3 to 5 /5.5 litres of warm water per minute. The showering experience from a rain head on an electric shower isn't anywhere near the experience you will get from a power shower. If you have an electric shower then you know what pressure / flow rate to expect. Not bad in the summer & not great on a frosty morning. The rain head will produce the exact same flow rate and slighy less pressure (due to the larger rain head). We have installed plenty of mira elite se dual showers. Anyone that already had an electric shower was happy enough with the pressure from the rain head. Anyone who was used to a power shower was very disappointed. We have removed a few that we installed only a few days earlier and the client went for a power shower instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

JMR wrote: »
    You're happy with the performance? Good pressure etc?
    Can I assume water is fed from attic tank to the shower in an upstairs bathroom?

Thanks

Yep, just got it installed over summer. It won't take the skin off you but you won't be left wanting more pressure I felt. Very quiet, last one used to wake the baby, you wouldn't even know someone is in shower upstairs when it's on

Advertisement