Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional added years

Options
  • 07-04-2021 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has got professional added years, joining as an Assistant Lecturer in late 1990's early 2000's, Joined one of the IoT's. I expect from the calculation to get 1 added year but I would be interested in others experience. If you would not like to post but to share the information confidentially, please PM me.

It is just that I am looking to buy back service WRT 60 and this would factor into the calculations.

Many thanks.

https://www.dit.ie/hr/pensions/what/professional-added-years/

Interestingly my second job was a permanent and pensionable which I got around 2001 and this was at lecturer level, and it is possibly this post which the criteria will apply.

From the link above.

19 (base age) + Qualifications + Experience - 25

In my case, 19 - (4 Degree, 2 Masters) - 0 -25 = 1

Advertisement