Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Ireland to UK by ferry

Options
  • 19-03-2021 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I am not sure where to ask. Does someone was traveling from ROI to UK recently by car? I will be going through UK to France and all the way to Poland soon and I am wonder what I need to do that? Test 72hrs before? What are check on the border looks now? Is there any delay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'll continue on here about "Travel from Ireland to UK by ferry" instead of starting a new thread.

My understanding is that because Ireland is in the common travel area and I have not been outside Ireland in the last 14 days I don't need a test to travel to the UK?

Any confirmation or otherwise appreciated. I have experience of being stopped and not allowed to travel back to Ireland at the beginning of this lock down and don't want to get caught out again.

My reason for travel is to provide care for a relative in the UK - would really prefer not to have to go as its the ferry trip and 7 hours car travel each way.

Edit> So found this email address dhsctesttrace.customerfeedbackteam@nhs.net for questions about travel not answered by the UK govs webpages. Sent an email about an hour ago and got an answer in the last couple of minutes. No need for Covid test as its travel within the common travel area and no quarantine when I get there.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement