Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Bay Packers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Regular season record has probably flattered us the last two years.

Special teams poor.

Kevin King a disaster waiting to happen most times this season.

Pettine surely gone.

Positives Savage, Jaire, Za'Darius (Preston no show this yr), Clark, Jones, Williams, Dillon, Lazard and obvs Adams, few others obv as well.

Draft well and who knows but we better not trade up for a QB again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Tonyan really impressed me all season. I think he is on c. 500k per season, and an RFA this offseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'm devastated. Absolutely devastated.

We beat ourselves. The worst kind of defeat.

Regular season record has probably flattered us the last two years.

Special teams poor.

Kevin King a disaster waiting to happen most times this season.

Pettine surely gone.

Positives Savage, Jaire, Za'Darius (Preston no show this yr), Clark, Jones, Williams, Dillon, Lazard and obvs Adams, few others obv as well.

Draft well and who knows but we better not trade up for a QB again :)

I'd add MVS to the positives. He has really been on an upward trajectory this season. Hopefully he continues that way. I'd pretty much written him off last season, but now I can see hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

Very disappointed in Rodgers last night. He made some serious errors in the final quarter. Not running the ball on the 3rd down when he had a free shot to at least get to the 2 if not the TD. Then not having the presence to take the decision to kick the FG out of LaFluers hands. This is a senior QB and the current MVP, he has to know that if they don't keep that drive going its all over and he should have told his offence to stay on the field. These were pretty major mistakes for a QB of his standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭cosatron

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Wow..... can’t give the full stats but it seems the Pack led in most aspects of the game , time of possession, number of downs, turnovers, etc...played at home.........and still were behind on the only place that matters.... the scoreboard.

A number of issues really did them.

The touchdown before half time.... even I could see what would probably happen

Brady would have a go...almost a free shot at the end zone with minimum repercussions.

Regarding not going for it on 4th an goal. I can see LeFleurs thinking... they had already got three chances and did nothing.

Get three, get it to a five point game and depend on the D to get a stop.

At least give them a chance.

Other than that,the run game never got going even #33 couldnt do anything, which was excellent against the Rams.

It looks like Pettine will be removed this week, King beaten twice over the top, could be a casualty.

For me the team didn’t have the spark one would expect for a NFC Champsionship game at home.

Thanks for a good season.

that touchdown to scotty miller is worse than the 4th and 23 against the eagles. my god. Some of the things that happen green bay in the playoffs are at times hard to believe.

cosatron wrote: »
    that touchdown to scotty miller is worse than the 4th and 23 against the eagles. my god. Some of the things that happen green bay in the playoffs are at times hard to believe.

It was even worse. it was 4th and 26. :D

Unfortunately they don’t just ‘happen’.

Packers seemed ‘tight’ last evening, hadn’t the fluidity they usually have.

Bit like McIllroy yesterday against Tyrell Hatton when he went behind he tightened up and tried to force it whereas Hatton just kept the foot on his neck.

When they started to get to Brady, in the second half, things happened.

They couldn’t do it when it mattered.

That said great season... will need a few tweaks.... hate to say it but they need a more youthful cavalier approach..... not next year....but soon.

The offficials didn’t do a great job either.

When King grabbed the lads jersey, even I could see a Buck with his arm around Gary’s neck.

Would have thought offsetting penalties and replay the down?

GB O-line especially the tackles had a bad bad day.

What could have been...... sigh.

Wouldn’t have beaten the Chiefs......... I feel.

Don’t usually watch the SB... too much fcukkery

But will watch this one.........for sure.

• Advertisement

The offficials didn’t do a great job either.

When King grabbed the lads jersey, even I could see a Buck with his arm around Gary’s neck.

Would have thought offsetting penalties and replay the down?

GB O-line especially the tackles had a bad bad day.

What could have been...... sigh.

Wouldn’t have beaten the Chiefs......... I feel.

Don’t usually watch the SB... too much fcukkery

But will watch this one.........for sure.
    tampa were holding the whole game and weren't called up on it and King does and flags thrown straight away. Bakhtiari was a huge lose. We will be the whole offseason listening to the media will rodgers stay on or retire or move on based on what he said when he was emotional.

tampa were holding the whole game and weren't called up on it and King does and flags thrown straight away. Bakhtiari was a huge lose. We will be the whole offseason listening to the media will rodgers stay on or retire or move on based on what he said when he was emotional.

Well, the flag on King came very late, but I get your point, and it’s correct.

I noticed the Bucs tackled very well, blew poor #33 out of the game and on one hit turned #30 a full 180 degrees... and he’s a big unit.

In contrast the Packers seemed to depend on arm tackles and that was shown up with than run by Fournette , built like a barrel, barelled over King and some other dude for a touchdown.

The Gronk was anonymous for most of the game....but .....when it mattered.....when it mattered.... racked up 19 yards to basically seal the game.

There was the difference..... along with the third down completions by the Bucks early on...... that’s down to Pettine.... who should be gone shortly.

How did they lose.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

While there was definitely more opportunities for flags to be thrown during the game, you have to factor in how blatant they are and what you have a chance to get away with. Like take the Murphy-Bunting non-call versus the King penalty and they’re not even comparable. The former can get missed in games across the season and I don’t think Lazard was even complaining. No chance of getting away with the jersey grab for a couple of seconds with it stretched out like that.

The Bucs took some risks on the play calls and it paid off. The Brady picks also worked out as mini punts compared to the Packers turnovers. It just seemed to go wrong on so many levels for the packers, yet they were still in it at the end which indicates the potential was there.

thefa wrote: »
    While there was definitely more opportunities for flags to be thrown during the game, you have to factor in how blatant they are and what you have a chance to get away with. Like take the Murphy-Bunting non-call versus the King penalty and they’re not even comparable. The former can get missed in games across the season and I don’t think Lazard was even complaining. No chance of getting away with the jersey grab for a couple of seconds with it stretched out like that.

The Bucs took some risks on the play calls and it paid off. The Brady picks also worked out as mini punts compared to the Packers turnovers. It just seemed to go wrong on so many levels for the packers, yet they were still in it at the end which indicates the potential was there.

Yes, you have made very good points there, and are perfectly correct.

The #33 fumble was a totally different kettle of fish

Now I wouldn’t blame Aaron, it was a perfect hit, unfortunately it was very close to the Packers red zone.

I’ll have to say the Packers had the chances to win this game but didn’t take them.

Mannenga gone.....Pettine will not return.... out of contract.

What’s needed now is a DC who injects a good bit of ‘meanness’ into the D.

Teaches how to tackle...... look at the Bucs.... on one occasion Jamaal was flipped 180 degrees and Aaron was flattened and the ball turned loose both in open field play almost.

Also on several occasions the Packers got the ball a bit behind them, on pass plays,certainly #33 did and had only a split second to adjust before he was leveled.

I would like to see the pit-pat type of defense go and a more aggressive style adopted.

This arm tackling crap has to reduced drastically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Packers will be some team if they ever get a defense that stops demanding Aaron Rodgers put up 35 points EVERY single time. Not going to happen though. He will retire an underachiever in honours terms despite being by far the best QB of his generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

This season really makes picking jordon love look even dumber, ****ing hell

This season really makes picking jordon love look even dumber, ****ing hell

Would’t agree.

Would’t agree.

Well based off last season, love won't get to play in year 2, if Rodgers has a similar year which is probable you'll be looking at no year 3 for him, year four a first rounder might get to play

Well based off last season, love won't get to play in year 2, if Rodgers has a similar year which is probable you'll be looking at no year 3 for him, year four a first rounder might get to play

Yes raze you are correct there, but I think it’s good strategy for the Packers.

We have by far the most stable and talented QB corps over the last 20 or so years.

I see no reason not to try to keep it going.

• Advertisement

Way I see it is, first rounds are a gamble anyway. There's no guarantees, especially with late first rounders.

If you look at the two years prior to drafting Love, you could legitimately make the argument that the Packers should be looking at a succession plan for Rodgers. It's unfortunate that we couldn't get Love in second round, but his stock rose so much that we needed to take him in the first.

Now, Rodgers has been vastly improved in 2020/21 so naturally, with hindsight, it looks pointless to have drafted a QB when we did. But Rodgers could equally have fallen off a cliff and we'd be left stuck.

I've no real issue with what we did. It's not the norm nowadays, but sure, whenever did the Packers follow suit?

It'd be great to see Love get his chance but do I want to see Rodgers retire/leave? Nah. Especially not when he's on this form.

At least we gave Tampa a game. Just shows how good rodgers was in the NFCCG compared to Mahommes last night under constant pressure. We are so close but yet so far away.

At least we gave Tampa a game. Just shows how good rodgers was in the NFCCG compared to Mahommes last night under constant pressure. We are so close but yet so far away.

We should have beaten them, but in fairness they deserved to win.

We have a new guy, Joe Barry I think as DC.

He, in my honest opinion will have to inject more ‘juice ‘ into the D.

We basically have the players,need to get more out of them.

Basically perform or get out. This bend but don’t break is getting tiresome.

There’s Brady with a collection of misfits, by and large, and they win it all.

What is it....... will have to study the game in the next day or two?

We should have beaten them, but in fairness they deserved to win.

We have a new guy, Joe Barry I think as DC.

He, in my honest opinion will have to inject more ‘juice ‘ into the D.

We basically have the players,need to get more out of them.

Basically perform or get out. This bend but don’t break is getting tiresome.

There’s Brady with a collection of misfits, by and large, and they win it all.

What is it....... will have to study the game in the next day or two?

Over on the packer forum, some lads aren't overly impressed with the Joe Barry hire. Hopefully he will try and implement a similar defence as the rams. Brady is just unreal, he makes his reads so fast and gets the ball out so fast. his incredible to be honest, there is no indecision.

Over on the packer forum, some lads aren't overly impressed with the Joe Barry hire. Hopefully he will try and implement a similar defence as the rams. Brady is just unreal, he makes his reads so fast and gets the ball out so fast. his incredible to be honest, there is no indecision.

Yeah, the Barry appointment hasn't gone down great and I don't think helps that it's pretty much known that Jim Leonhard rejected the job beforehand. I'm willing to see what he can do though. I expect a lot of changes on the D this season. We could see a few leave to save cap (Kirksey and Preston the obvious ones) and you've got people like King who won't return. The draft will be big.

As for Brady? Look, I'll always be a bit sceptical but no one can argue about his intelligence. As you say, he reads the game so well and unlike Brees and Ben, he has adapted his style to suit his age.

I am of the opinion that they just needed stability at QB. Winston couldn't provide that. The Bucs win was primarily about Todd Bowles and the D. Their performances throughout the season won the big games when it mattered.

100% cannot call bradys team misfits, bloody hell he has the most stacked offence you can imagine with some absoloute ballers on defence.

100% cannot call bradys team misfits, bloody hell he has the most stacked offence you can imagine with some absoloute ballers on defence.

What I mean is they got them from all over the place and welded them together into a real team, including the GOAT himself.

You are spot on there.

We keep #33....lose #30.

Sad to lose Jamaal.... great asset to any team.

#63 gone to Raiders.

O-line will be a little different this year.

Backhtiari-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyon-Turner.

Lane Taylor could be a good ‘swing’ player. ..able to slot in in the interior spots..

so what are we hoping for on at the weekend. Prediction time
    round 1. Tackle
    round 2. corner
    round 3. wide receiver who can play the slot and work out of the back field. randle cobb/edelman type player
    round 4. d-line
    after that is a lottery.

• Advertisement

so what are we hoping for on at the weekend. Prediction time
    round 1. Tackle
    round 2. corner
    round 3. wide receiver who can play the slot and work out of the back field. randle cobb/edelman type player
    round 4. d-line
    after that is a lottery.

Yes... not a bad balance.

Would like to see the D line beefed up.

Christian Barmore. ....D line

Liam Eichenberg....O line.

Two names to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Twitter going into meltdown over reports Rodgers wants out.

Is he possibly trying to ramp up the pressure for tonight's draft to draft some help for him and get a decent extension with guaranteed money?

Surely the Packers have to be looking at giving him a couple of years extension with at least 2 years guaranteed. From what I've read tonight he has no guaranteed money left on his contract. Surely that has to change.

It's a clusrerf*ck, that what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Jofspring wrote: »
    Twitter going into meltdown over reports Rodgers wants out.

Is he possibly trying to ramp up the pressure for tonight's draft to draft some help for him and get a decent extension with guaranteed money?

Surely the Packers have to be looking at giving him a couple of years extension with at least 2 years guaranteed. From what I've read tonight he has no guaranteed money left on his contract. Surely that has to change.

The last $6.8m guaranteed is this year but then $38m in dead cap on the team to move on (Rodgers wouldn't see any of this).

Hope that ridiculous Love pick is worth it for the front office.

Front office are ****ed. Maybe drafting the new qb and not helping ar last season was a bad move (spoiler it was) but the way they've been this off season oh Aaron's our qb going forward for now and ****e like that isn't doing any good.

We could end up being like the jets cos devante Adams don't got long left on his deal either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There’s a petition on change.org and this is the piece that accompanies it. Would this be a fair description of the Green Bay front office to packers fan ?
    The front office of the Green Bay Packers does not exhibit the values of the stockholders of the Green Bay Packers.
    Players being disrespected and released without even a phone call is unacceptable behavior.
    The inability to respect Aaron Rodgers and offer him a reasonable extension is the final straw.
    Being the leader of the organization, Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst must take responsibility and resign or be removed immediately.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There’s a petition on change.org and this is the piece that accompanies it. Would this be a fair description of the Green Bay front office to packers fan ?

By all account they offered hi. An extension but I think it was well we dragged this out as long as we possibly could and know you want out we want you to sign an extension now

Drafting love sent a very clear picture to Rodgers.
    The refusal to talk about a contract all summer sent a picture.
    The lack of getting him help sends a picture.
    They will go through this again when devante Adams contract is up

By all account they offered hi. An extension but I think it was well we dragged this out as long as we possibly could and know you want out we want you to sign an extension now

Drafting love sent a very clear picture to Rodgers.
    The refusal to talk about a contract all summer sent a picture.
    The lack of getting him help sends a picture.
    They will go through this again when devante Adams contract is up

Big deal

The Packers have to think ahead
    He is very well paid anyway
    He has the #1 offense in the NFL
    Every team has to manage contracts.....throwing money at issues is not a long term solution.
    They had the players to get within a game of the Super Bowl two years running

You may be able to ‘buy’ a Superbowl once, but then prepare for wilderness.

Greed is a big issue in all this....if Rodgers doesn’t want to play for the team, get rid of him, can’t have a disgruntled force in the dressing room.

my reading of situation is that Rodgers wants to dictate how long he wants to play for at a high price. He wouldn't restructure his contract and then the FO offered him an extension and now his throw his toys out of the pram foe whatever reason, not impressed with Rodgers and Brian Gutekunst hasn't help the situation either

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boccers

I don't think at all that this is Rodgers throwing his toys out of the pram at all. They have literally never drafted a first round pass catcher since he became starter and have invested most of those picks in defenders. They give Rodgers a 4 year extension and then for some reason move up in the draft to pick his replacement the next year. After this year he has no guaranteed money which in the NFL is everything so he could get injured this year and be cut and it could be the end of his career. As far as I can see the front office seem to be going out of their way to p**s him off. He was on the record numerous times in the last year saying he wanted to play his whole career in GB and has carried the team for so long. Look at what Tampa have done for Brady. Used their first round pick last year on an OT to protect him despite the fact he is 43 and seemed to be in decline. Rodgers must have looked at Brady's whole situation there with some jealousy. And saying that you can buy a superbowl once and then be prepared for wilderness - we will know all about wilderness when Rodgers goes and won't have any superbowl to show for it.

• Advertisement

boccers wrote: »
    I don't think at all that this is Rodgers throwing his toys out of the pram at all. They have literally never drafted a first round pass catcher since he became starter and have invested most of those picks in defenders. They give Rodgers a 4 year extension and then for some reason move up in the draft to pick his replacement the next year. After this year he has no guaranteed money which in the NFL is everything so he could get injured this year and be cut and it could be the end of his career. As far as I can see the front office seem to be going out of their way to p**s him off. He was on the record numerous times in the last year saying he wanted to play his whole career in GB and has carried the team for so long. Look at what Tampa have done for Brady. Used their first round pick last year on an OT to protect him despite the fact he is 43 and seemed to be in decline. Rodgers must have looked at Brady's whole situation there with some jealousy. And saying that you can buy a superbowl once and then be prepared for wilderness - we will know all about wilderness when Rodgers goes and won't have any superbowl to show for it.

Almost the same issues existed with Favre and Rogers.

Over the last thirty years we have had two Hall of Fame QBs both unearthed and nurtured by the same method.

Why change that?

The Packers over that time have probably the most consistent record in the NFL.

They had a team capable of winning the SB last year, just didn’t show up on the day.........it happens, unfortunately.

The team, unlike a lot of others was unified, had a young progressive H C.

One person, however good, should not be allowed to sow dissent in a team.

Not suggesting that Rogers is, only Rogers and the management know that.

But generally it doesn’t work out well for the TEAM, and it is a TEAM game.

but they offered him an extension when he refused to restructure and has turned down the extension, what more can they do, they had the number 1 offence last year, they kept Aaron Jones, they have retained all last years important players, were in cap hell and all the prominent players have restructure to get to the superbowl bar Rodgers and for Rodgers to come out with this on draft day is a sh*tty move.

Almost the same issues existed with Favre and Rogers.

Over the last thirty years we have had two Hall of Fame QBs both unearthed and nurtured by the same method.

Why change that?

The Packers over that time have probably the most consistent record in the NFL.

They had a team capable of winning the SB last year, just didn’t show up on the day.........it happens, unfortunately.

The team, unlike a lot of others was unified, had a young progressive H C.

One person, however good, should not be allowed to sow dissent in a team.

Not suggesting that Rogers is, only Rogers and the management know that.

But generally it doesn’t work out well for the TEAM, and it is a TEAM game.

I know its very difficult to win a SB but do you honestly think a 2 superbowls in 30 years of having a hall of fame quarterback is good enough? That's as many as Eli Manning has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Jofspring

but they offered him an extension when he refused to restructure and has turned down the extension, what more can they do, they had the number 1 offence last year, they kept Aaron Jones, they have retained all last years important players, were in cap hell and all the prominent players have restructure to get to the superbowl bar Rodgers and for Rodgers to come out with this on draft day is a sh*tty move.

Isn't it the Packers that have leaked this. It seems to be coming from inside the Packers not from Rodgers. They offered him an extension after a dragged out negotiation. It's not really making your most important players really feel wanted. We had the number 1 offense and Rodgers is a massive part of that. Without him we would not be the near the number 1 offense.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Isn't it the Packers that have leaked this. It seems to be coming from inside the Packers not from Rodgers. They offered him an extension after a dragged out negotiation. It's not really making your most important players really feel wanted. We had the number 1 offense and Rodgers is a massive part of that. Without him we would not be the near the number 1 offense.
    100% agree. You can't say he had the no 1 offense without agreeing Rodgers was the biggest part of that. We've known for months that he wanted an extension not a restructure because otherwise he is a lame duck after this year and they messed around waiting and waiting for whatever reason. Maybe it is because Love is Gutekunst's pick that he just wants him to succeed and be his legacy but if you look at it from the outside it looks like they are almost wanting Rodgers to want out so he is the bad guy. Remember that Jordan Love couldn't beat out Tim Boyle for the no 2 job all last season so he is miles off being ready.

100% agree. You can't say he had the no 1 offense without agreeing Rodgers was the biggest part of that. We've known for months that he wanted an extension not a restructure because otherwise he is a lame duck after this year and they messed around waiting and waiting for whatever reason. Maybe it is because Love is Gutekunst's pick that he just wants him to succeed and be his legacy but if you look at it from the outside it looks like they are almost wanting Rodgers to want out so he is the bad guy. Remember that Jordan Love couldn't beat out Tim Boyle for the no 2 job all last season so he is miles off being ready.

Look it the front office have fudged this up aswell, there is no denying that but I also feel that the degree of arrogance shown by gutekunst and Rodgers is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth and doing allot damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its a mess of a situation but they'd be mad to offer Rodgers a big, heavily guaranteed money, extension at his age. Yes, he was fantastic in the season just gone, but he turns 38 during the 2021 season. His ability will almost certainly drop off a cliff at some point in the next 1-3 years, as happens to every QB around 40 who isn't Tom Brady.

Then, on top of that theres Love. If the team believes in him having him sit for 2 seasons is reasonable. Having him sit for 4-5 is not.

The best case scenario at this stage I think is Rodgers stays for this season, doesn't sulk/become indifferent, and has a great last season in GB. Then he moves on in early 2022 to play his last year or two and gradual decline elsewhere, like Favre.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Its a mess of a situation but they'd be mad to offer Rodgers a big, heavily guaranteed money, extension at his age. Yes, he was fantastic in the season just gone, but he turns 38 during the 2021 season. His ability will almost certainly drop off a cliff at some point in the next 1-3 years, as happens to every QB around 40 who isn't Tom Brady.

Then, on top of that theres Love. If the team believes in him having him sit for 2 seasons is reasonable. Having him sit for 4-5 is not.

The best case scenario at this stage I think is Rodgers stays for this season, doesn't sulk/become indifferent, and has a great last season in GB. Then he moves on in early 2022 to play his last year or two and gradual decline elsewhere, like Favre.

agreed. Gutekunst mentioned in his post first round draft press conference that Love is not ready yet and also said 4 times that they are not trading Rodgers. This is very similar to Russel Wilson looking to get out of seattle and worst case scenerio if we trade him after the 1st of June, he will only be 5 million against the cap. Whats really annoying is that both parties need each other badly, rodgers isn't going to walk into a offence like GB, no matter where is goes and Love just isn't ready yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He has the #1 offense in the NFL

The Packers have the #1 offense in the NFL because of him. Any year you have a good offense it's because of him making it work. The man has been underappreciated and disrespected by the front office his entire tenure as QB.

Your receivers last year were:
    Adams (a stud with any QB really)
    St. Brown (A 6th rounder)
    Lazard (Undrafted and couldn't even make the Jags roster)
    Taylor (Undrafted and cut by the Bucs before camp)
    Valdes-Scantling (A 5th rounder)
    Tayvon Austin

Even at TE you have Robert Tonyan, a guy who couldn't even win a practice squad place with the Lions, catching 10+ TDs because he gets to play with Rodgers and he elevates the level of the players around him. Your opinion that signing FA talent/drafting talent for your GOAT QB is 'throwing money at the problem' is silly. He has had to polish turds for years because he has been ignored. That is why he is p*ssed.

I hate Aaron Rodgers. Don't get me wrong. He has haunted my dreams for a decade... But even I can see the way he has been treated by your org is shocking. Nobody in that building (and some fans apparently) seem to understand that you'd struggle to win 5 games with that offense if you remove Rodgers and replace him with an average QB.

Oat23 wrote: »
    The Packers have the #1 offense in the NFL because of him. Any year you have a good offense it's because of him making it work. The man has been underappreciated and disrespected by the front office his entire tenure as QB.

Your receivers last year were:
    Adams (a stud with any QB really)
    St. Brown (A 6th rounder)
    Lazard (Undrafted and couldn't even make the Jags roster)
    Taylor (Undrafted and cut by the Bucs before camp)
    Valdes-Scantling (A 5th rounder)
    Tayvon Austin

Even at TE you have Robert Tonyan, a guy who couldn't even win a practice squad place with the Lions, catching 10+ TDs because he gets to play with Rodgers and he elevates the level of the players around him. Your opinion that signing FA talent/drafting talent for your GOAT QB is 'throwing money at the problem' is silly. He has had to polish turds for years because he has been ignored. That is why he is p*ssed.

I hate Aaron Rodgers. Don't get me wrong. He has haunted my dreams for a decade... But even I can see the way he has been treated by your org is shocking. Nobody in that building (and some fans apparently) seem to understand that you'd struggle to win 5 games with that offense if you remove Rodgers and replace him with an average QB.

I don’t think I’ll bother replying to that .

Off the wall.... you over egged the situation dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement