Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any interest in a franchise league?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

No date yet. We have 16. Someone suggested we could have two 12 team leagues.

http://www.strawpoll.me/17922555/

Poll closes Saturday 12:00pm.

THIS IS THE LAST POLL IM SORRY

EDIT: If 16 players is the result we'll have the draft next THURSDAY 9PM if it's more than that then we'll do it the next Thursday after we hit the player limit

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If it's 9pm that's 3am during the week for me so I'm going to pull out and let someone take the spot who can live draft. Good luck with it.

The result is:
    20 people, 2 league (3 votes)
    16 people, 1 league (2 votes)
    24 people, 2 league (1 vote)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BarryC21

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    The result is:
    20 people, 2 league (3 votes)
    16 people, 1 league (2 votes)
    24 people, 2 league (1 vote)

What an amazing voter turnout! So we’re at 17 people currently? And we need 3 more?

Also, I really hope the draft on Thursday at 21:00 is not happening as I’ll be driving...

BarryC21 wrote: »
    What an amazing voter turnout! So we’re at 17 people currently? And we need 3 more?

Also, I really hope the draft on Thursday at 21:00 is not happening as I’ll be driving...

It'll be the next Thursday after we hit 20 people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 captainthanos

Any update on this? Looks like we'll struggle for 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Any update folks?

I think we should just start it soon tbh. We won't hit 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I agree! Let's just do it

Going on the poll result the draft will be:

THURSDAY 30TH MAY 2019 9PM

Here's a poll:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/18041716

Poll 2 is on whether we should have IDP (Individual Defensive Player) or Team Defense (Pick an entire teams defense)
    There's 16 people so IDP could take 4hrs+
    http://www.strawpoll.me/18041731

(Again, I'm sorry about all the polls, I'm just trying to be as fair as possible)

• Advertisement

Mr_Man2121
    DM1292
    Brinty
    Hon the Dubs
    BarryC21
    Xavi6
    Jester1980
    TheGoodOle
    D9Male
    Wormy001
    BabyandCrumble
    Connmcgrath
    Myleftpeg
    Captain Thanos
    BigApples
    Bennyniche

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for all the organisation!

Have invites gone out? Are we going with NFL.com? Either way be no harm to get invites out before the weekend so if people can’t make the draft you have the weekend to do your auto draft order.

Tis the day for voting! Just got mine in there. No need to apologise for the polls - they're a great idea!

Is there any chance we could do any other day but Thursday? I have my work Summer Party then.

Sorry about this, any previous Thursday would have worked, I also voted yes in the poll by mistake.

I can't do Wednesday but we're not gonna be able to suit everybody I'd say.

Any day besides Thursday suits, otherwise I can do the proceeding Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Myleftpeg

Id be the same as above sorry lads, but if majority rules so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Same for me. Work do, but I will go with the majority and just skip the draft if necessary.

We're still gonna go ahead with this Thursday at 21:00 Irish time by the looks of it then?

All good with me!

• Advertisement

People don't seem to be able to make it this Thursday so I'll move it to 13th June 9PM. (THE EARLIEST NFL.COM WOULD ALLOW ME) Will send out invites by the weekend

*EVERYONE PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES SO I CAN SEND THE INVITE TO THE LEAGUE*

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Dang. I can't make the 13th, I'll be in America then. I could do Thursday, though.

DM1292 wrote: »
    Dang. I can't make the 13th, I'll be in America then. I could do Thursday, though.

18070209[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigApples90

I'll play lads if there is space

Won't let me do before the 13th. https://www.strawpoll.me/18070209

I'm not trying to be an arsehole but the dates in that poll are kinda pointless. Having a 5/6 day range to choose and then 2 other random actual dates (one of which is wrong, btw, that Thursday is the 20th, the 21st is a Friday) is kind of crazy. If you can do one date out of the range, do you tick yes - and then we get into people saying they can do the Wednesday but not the Monday etc?

I think it's just easier to pick a date and then if you're not available, just do your autodraft settings and leave it up to fate tbh.

Like I really really appreciate all they effort you're going to to try and find a date that suits everyone but with a 16 team draft you're always going to have someone who can't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gotta agree with baby and crumble on this. Let's pick a date, people can set their auto draft preferences and let the chips fall as they may.

We're all adults here and it's hard to get 3 people together never mind 16.

At the end of the day, dynasty is all about the trading of players and picks and should make it very interesting and interesting straight out of the gate.

For me the main thing is getting the platform ESPN etc agreed and a defence IDP or team in place

Totally agree: Thursday the 13th at 21:00 Irish time. Done. Let's roll.

Slight side note - I see the nfl.com standard league settings now use PPR rather than only yards / TDs etc for scoring. Should be good, I really like the nfl fantasy app.

Super.

I also see that you can now actually give position preferences for each round of an autodraft - handy so you don't get lumbered with a kicker and DEF in round 8! :P

Any other Jets fans here?

• Advertisement

Any other Jets fans here?

Nope, Cards fan over here for my sins. I always have hope though...just about...

Advertisement