Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil's Glen

Options
  • 06-01-2019 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the road works on the Devil's Glen (the hard way up) are finished yet? There was no through road possible the last time I went.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

couldn't say for certain, but i noticed on google maps about a week ago that the road was marked as closed, but that has gone and there's nothing on maps now saying it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭prunudo

Crippens1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the road works on the Devil's Glen (the hard way up) are finished yet? There was no through road possible the last time I went.

Do you mean the road up from Ashford village? There's a diversion via a new road up through a new housing development about 300m further along the road to Killisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

Where were the roadworks? From Nuns Cross to the top is roadwork free (didn't do the stretch from Nuns Cross to Ashford)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

afaik the road works are finished. However, coming down from the Devils Glen, the new alignment is through the housing estate to the roundabout on the Killiskey/ Roundwood Road. i.e. it's no longer a temp layout, that's the Ashford-Nuns Cross road now.

Going up from Ashford, the old road is one way, up only.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Crippens1

Thanks all. From the responses it seems the road has been reworked to go through the housing estate. During the roadworks it wasn't possible to go from Ashford over the Deveils's Glen (the road to Annamoe and not the road to Roundwood which was always open).

I might take a tilt at it next weekend (and blow the obligatory gasket).

• Advertisement
Advertisement