Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Mullingar (school, after school)

Options
  • 09-04-2021 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Heya, I'm moving to Mullingar this summer, I've enrolled my children in St Mary's school, but unfortunately I've started to hear bad things about it? Would there be anyone who's children are in the school and could advise?

I'm also looking into after school options or childminders, as I'll be only finishing work at 7pm. Any suggestions?

My two boys ate 9 and 11.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

my advice is to join a few mum's groups for westmeath on facebook etc
    put an advert in local paper for childminder who can collect your children from school

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MIDLANDSMAN

Hi. I'm from Mullingar and have 2 small children in school. I just saw your question now. Did you get information to your query? Which area of the town will you be living in? I might be able to answer or give advice if you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Mullingar is a fantastic town and the schools are very good. Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

How did you fare out @fadegirl ?

We're moving to Mullingar in December and I don't know the town at all. Need to find a school to enrol our daughter into 3rd class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

you might want to start enquiring now.

many of the schools in town are oversubscribed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement