Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog food recommendation zooplus

Options
  • 06-04-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a recommendation of dog food for my 14.5 year old Labrador.
    She is on burns which I had been getting off Amazon. She is very fussy and doesn’t really like Burns tbh. Budget is not an issue just want to get something that I can order online. For the last year her skin isn’t great either is her mobility.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,

She is on burns which I had been getting off Amazon. She is very fussy and doesn’t really like Burns tbh. Budget is not an issue just want to get something that I can order online. For the last year her skin isn’t great either is her mobility.

Thanks in advance.

We feed ours Wolf of Wilderness Dry Dog Food which have a large selection of flavours

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

.42. wrote: »
    We feed ours Wolf of Wilderness Dry Dog Food which have a large selection of flavours

We got the trail pack first to see what they liked before buying a large bag

https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/top_brands/wolf_of_wilderness/dry_dog_food/497283

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rocoo Senior (wet food) - 14.5 is a great age.. but I wouldn't feed an older dog dry for fear of it putting extra strain on their kidneys (i'm uber paranoid after losing my 6 year old retriever to kidney disease :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I feed Rocco or lukullus wet food, and lukullus or wolf of the wilderness dry. But change every so often.
    Find the Rocco good, my boy is 13 in a few weeks, I started giving omega oils as he has a touch of arthritis from an injury and it really helps, I notice when I stop for a week or more.
    Only thing I find with the wolf of the wilderness is the dogs get very thirsty, same happened with taste of the wild only it was even more noticeable.
    I feed mainly wet and veggies with just a few nuts on top.

My dog and cats eat Royal Canin dry food and are looking fantastic. The tomcat can be a fussy so and so but he eats Royal Canin happily. Zooplus appear to have the full range on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Another vote for Wolf of Wilderness. We have our two on it, and wouldn't feed anything else.
    We have a husky, a rescued stray, completely food driven after being started most of her life, she has a very sensitive tummy but will eat anything she gets near - it's perfect for her and never gives her an upset tummy.
    We also feed our tiny terrier cross, and again he loves it and never had an upset tummy while on it.
    We started with the trial pack too, great for testing out the variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Anyone else notice that the selection of Rocco 800g tins has seriously diminished on Zooplus.ie? Seeing as we can't order from any of the other Zooplus, this leaves me really stuffed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks a million everyone.
    Was going to order wolf of wilderness but noticed it had beet pulp.
    I always avoided this for my previous dog. Maybe it’s not an issue for my old girl?
    Purizon doesn’t have beet pulp. Maybe this would be a better option? Currently I give her a small tin of sardines in oil every day in her Burns which she devours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Our lab stopped eating Wolf of Wilderness - half way through his second bag. One of the only foods he turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I ordered some senior Rocco wet food and purizon dry food! I bet she will love the wet food :)
    I referred my husband and got 10% off :)
    I actually forgot what good value zooplus was. I selected Dpd for delivery! Hopefully it won’t take too long.
    I haven’t ordered from zooplus since 2013 apparently!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

We use hills z/d prescription only. We get it from zooplus, they are the cheapest for this brand,

Advertisement