Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi Ex60-3 hydraulic/electric problem

Options
  • 22-03-2021 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Looking for some help advice in regards to our machine.

Was out a few days ago working it and about all of a sudden the the slew got very slow either direction. I sat there for a few mins working it then it came back sound.

Soon after the slew went again and the Boom would not lift. I got out into the open ground to see what was happening. (Thinking the pumps on its way out)

I tracked it to the sheds and check filters, lines etc. All perfect no debris. I decided to try it again and see.
    It was still the same, boom very slow to lift and slew very slow. Boom would not lift digger off ground. Then I noticed the boom would lift machine while operating another control with it and same with slew. If I held another control while slewing it would get back to speed no problem.

I suspected the spools either on valve chest. Lifted the cover and started moving spools (6 of them) When 1 on right was pressed down the opposite on left popped up and vice versa. Then I noticed on one row, I pushed 1 spool down and its companion lifted slightly but slowly fell back down. Whats going on i wonder? Or is it further down in the chest the problem. Or is that normal?

Wonder is it a block out of digger job or on machine fix and not familiar with layout.

Also a side note - The digger is not reving as normal. Hydraulics are almost nearly unresponsive when put into P mode. This all happened the same time (Never just one thing)

I can give more detail/pics if needed.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement