Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda pot holes

Options
  • 08-03-2021 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I Drove through the town a couple of times this week and nearly busted my car on the massive potholes all over the roads, its particularly bad up near Milmount but they're all over the place. Is there anyone that can be contacted about this? Surely the council have a responsibility here to sort out the roads.

Comments

Oh there is a proper f'n crater just after the petrol station on Duleek St. heading to Millmount/ Mary St. right in the driving line on the drivers side near the middle of the road.

Another one is the water on the roundabout at Waterwipes up from Lidl on the industrial estate thats caused serious potholing along the road. Water has been there since the work on the road before Christmas and hasn't drained though I suspect a leak there. Potholes aside whoever installed that particular roundabout must not have had a spirit level.

Those are just two examples and both were reported.

You can report them on fixmystreet.ie but in general Louth CC are terrible compared to Meath CC at fixing stuff posted on there. There is an app too I think but can't think what it's called off the top of my head.

I did see in the paper in recent times the roads crew are off due to covid, I would have considered them to be essential workers surely?

Was round this way on the bike today and the ones on Platin Rd and Duleek street have all been give a pat of a shovel, which will be torn up by HGV's and tractors during the next rainy day.

The industrial estate remains in awful condition. The water on the lopsided roundabout there has finally disappeared, IMO thats whats caused some of the damage there as you exit left to head towards Funtasia. Then the works before Christmas have contributed to a lot of the other bad spots down near Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Was round this way on the bike today and the ones on Platin Rd and Duleek street have all been give a pat of a shovel, which will be torn up by HGV's and tractors during the next rainy day.

The industrial estate remains in awful condition. The water on the lopsided roundabout there has finally disappeared, IMO thats whats caused some of the damage there as you exit left to head towards Funtasia. Then the works before Christmas have contributed to a lot of the other bad spots down near Lidl.

that appears every winter, along with the one at the top of Marys Hill.
    I'm missing the flood in the lopsided roundabout, i'm sure it will be back soon enough.

I found another big one, coming off the slane road across the bridge into Oldbridge, just before the Yield sign, it nearly swallowed the car. Its only appeared after they announced the funding for the bridge! If there is a car on the bridge you have to go through it.

Advertisement