Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CA39

colecole wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to where I see the plans ? Please -

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/16188/0

All the details/drawings are in there but best viewed on a laptop. The recent-ish submissions for the 3 level back garden are in there too.

Go to view scanned files and go to the drawings file to see the plan drawings.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Oh must take a drive into the friary and have a look, I didn't realise there were any more built apart from the front row! Thanks for that.

Yes you can look in through the hedge! Their details are the only ones not included in the JPM ad on daft.ie about the estate so it's unclear if they are going to be for private sale or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

CA39 wrote: »
    Yes you can look in through the hedge! Their details are the only ones not included in the JPM ad on daft.ie about the estate so it's unclear if they are going to be for private sale or not.

And the agent is useless at telling me any info. I'll try give them a ring again and see. Thanks for the pic! There are two beds going into waverly meadow too so another option if these ones are for the council or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colecole

And the agent is useless at telling me any info. I'll try give them a ring again and see. Thanks for the pic! There are two beds going into waverly meadow too so another option if these ones are for the council or whatever.

I’m on site Thursday if I get any info that’s relevant to you all I’ll update this thread

I’m on site Thursday if I get any info that’s relevant to you all I’ll update this thread

Thanks a mill, that'd be great! I think she's starting to sway toward waverly meadow after driving to both sites today. Less hilly and she likes the kirvin hill finish.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, that'd be great! I think she's starting to sway toward waverly meadow after driving to both sites today. Less hilly and she likes the kirvin hill finish.

I've heard really good things about the developer of Waverly, seems to run a very well oiled machine and apparently is very good on the communication front. They will probably be ready before Sea Scape at this rate 😠We viewed Kirvin Hill and the finish was very nice. They just didn't have any of the house type left that we wanted when we were looking.

I've heard really good things about the developer of Waverly, seems to run a very well oiled machine and apparently is very good on the communication front. They will probably be ready before Sea Scape at this rate 😠We viewed Kirvin Hill and the finish was very nice. They just didn't have any of the house type left that we wanted when we were looking.

They seemed to do a great job on kirvin hill. Prices are decent enough too I think.

ðŸ§Anyone know how much seascape second phase will be selling for?

ðŸ§Anyone know how much seascape second phase will be selling for?

Well seen as they upped the price €31-37k in phase one before the houses were even finished I can only imagine what the next batch of 4 beds will go for!!! The 9 houses that are there are all terraced - either 2 or 3 bed. I guess some of them at least are social housing so maybe they are not for sale. It's hard to know.

If you get any info on Thurs let me know. I've contacted both JPM and Ecolodge directly on Friday and earlier today but no response as per usual unfortunately.

Well seen as they upped the price €31-37k in phase one before the houses were even finished I can only imagine what the next batch of 4 beds will go for!!! The 9 houses that are there are all terraced - either 2 or 3 bed. I guess some of them at least are social housing so maybe they are not for sale. It's hard to know.

If you get any info on Thurs let me know. I've contacted both JPM and Ecolodge directly on Friday and earlier today but no response as per usual unfortunately

Yes for sure - I’ll find out all I can .. any specific question pm me ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Was on site today -
    still seems to be a lot of work needed on site with excavation as back gardens not started etc —
    Next 3 weeks is supposed to see a big shift in ground works — maybe so 🀞🀞 we need it finished by March ? Anyone on a similar deadline !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Hi Colecole,

I am buying there too. The last correspondence I received (early last week) indicated that we would be snagging late Jan/early Feb. Based on your post it seems that this is unlikely! I haven’t heard anything to the contrary from JPM but that’s not surprising as they aren’t great at providing updates...

Our mortgage approval is up shortly and I’m hoping not to have to reapply.

Yes same , Builder did seem V confident it would be finished by March. thats when our is up. snagging may still go for early mid feb - i suppose if they put all hands on deck to the 10 houses it could happen, I dont know !!

Never straight forward is it! My house sale took 18 months. Had to get mortgage reapproved three times. Its not as hard as a full application if that's any consolation. Just recent bank statement and pay cheque as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilo10

Hi There. Just wondering if any of the Seascape people heard any more about snagging or when this will happen?

Lilo10 wrote: »
    Hi There. Just wondering if any of the Seascape people heard any more about snagging or when this will happen?

Hi Lilo,

I was in touch with JPM this week and was told that there are delays and that the builders have been in touch directly with purchasers re snagging. I’m not sure how true this is as I have bought in phase 1 and haven’t heard anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Not buying in seascape but pass it daily, I'm no expert but there looks to be a lot of work to be done on the site before anyone can move in. Theres no road, none of the ground is remotely level off etc..

Lilo10 wrote: »

Hi Lilo

After much pestering we got a response from the estate agent on Friday saying we should be in by the end of March. I really want to believe that but it still looks like there is so much to be done.

They have made a start on the groundwork directly outside your houses over the past couple days. Driveways below the steps by look of it.

Edited to add. Clearing rubble away from the front of site this morning

Hi Lilo

After much pestering we got a response from the estate agent on Friday saying we should be in by the end of March. I really want to believe that but it still looks like there is so much to be done.

Thanks for that. It's getting later and later again! Was really hoping to be in early March but I'd say we'll be lucky if it's early April at this stage!

• Advertisement

Parkelm wrote: »
    Hi Lilo,

I was in touch with JPM this week and was told that there are delays and that the builders have been in touch directly with purchasers re snagging. I’m not sure how true this is as I have bought in phase 1 and haven’t heard anything!

Thanks Parkelm. No, we haven't heard anything from anyone!! Keeping fingers crossed..!

Hi all,

I received an email update today and it looks like snagging will be mid/late March (which isn’t ideal!). It was made clear that these are proposed dates, so I’m not too sure how realistic the dates are! Following on from snagging it could be 1-4 weeks by the time the house is ready depending on how long the snag list is etc..

Hi all,

I received an email update today and it looks like snagging will be mid/late March (which isn’t ideal!). It was made clear that these are proposed dates, so I’m not too sure how realistic the dates are! Following on from snagging it could be 1-4 weeks by the time the house is ready depending on how long the snag list is etc..

Yes we were told snagging towards the end of March and when we worked out the dates this evening we realised that if snagging takes a few weeks then it will bring us up to Easter when the site will be closed for a week (assuming they follow the CIF holidays like that did for Xmas). If there's even a slight delay to the dates we were all given then Easter will cause an additional delay :(

For those of you interested in Sea Scape, they looked to be starting construction of some more houses there this morning. The crane was in place up the hill and a truck was there delivering the timber frames.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had a recent update regarding snagging. We were told 22nd March but looking at the site I just can't see how that could be possible :(

Hi, we are due to snag in 3 weeks and I’m not feeling too optimistic! I have called and emailed a few times this week but I’ve had no luck in getting through to anyone.

Hi, we are due to snag in 3 weeks and I’m not feeling too optimistic! I have called and emailed a few times this week but I’ve had no luck in getting through to anyone.

They should have had a local estate agent looking after it! From the couple of phonecalls I had trying to find out info about the houses, they couldn't have cared less. My mam gave up and has a deposit on another estate.

They should have had a local estate agent looking after it! From the couple of phonecalls I had trying to find out info about the houses, they couldn't have cared less. My mam gave up and has a deposit on another estate.

[snipped] I sent an email at the beginning of this month politely asking for our kitchen not to be tiled as we would like to do our own thing and it was completely ignored. So disappointed with the experience. I don't think I'd ever buy off plans again after this.

[snipped] I sent an email at the beginning of this month politely asking for our kitchen not to be tiled as we would like to do our own thing and it was completely ignored. So disappointed with the experience. I don't think I'd ever buy off plans again after this.

Very disappointing for you!! Such a pity, buying a brand new house should be an exciting experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Carriage Beag in Wicklow Town beside educate together school. Looks like it might be nice. Launching Spring

https://www.facebook.com/amazondevelopments/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phleb19

I too have bought in Seascape phase 1, I was given a snag date from [snipped] for this Friday 8th March, have tried to confirm with her by email and phone but she is not responding at all.

I have been on site twice and the inside of the houses are almost ready they are painted and tiled etc, the back gardens are no where near ready and the steps have to have hand rails fitted outside, the foreman told me that when the road goes in they will be ready to snag and they appear to have started the new entrance which is a bit down from the entrance the builders are using at present.

Very frustrated with the lack of response from the builders and JPM Doyle all very vague, if anyone gets or hears of anyone snagging or a date would love to hear about it.

Hi there,

I was on site on Friday. It looks like it will be at least 4 weeks before snagging. I had been emailing/calling JPM and [snipped] for 2 weeks but no one would respond, so I drove up to site for a look around and got the number of the new foreman - hopefully he will be more responsive!

phleb19 wrote: »
    I too have bought in Seascape phase 1, I was given a snag date from [snipped] for this Friday 8th March, have tried to confirm with her by email and phone but she is not responding at all.

I have been on site twice and the inside of the houses are almost ready they are painted and tiled etc, the back gardens are no where near ready and the steps have to have hand rails fitted outside, the foreman told me that when the road goes in they will be ready to snag and they appear to have started the new entrance which is a bit down from the entrance the builders are using at present.

Very frustrated with the lack of response from the builders and JPM Doyle all very vague, if anyone gets or hears of anyone snagging or a date would love to hear about it.

Yes, we are the same, have been calling and emailing now for over a week but not one bit surprised at the lack of response from JPM or Ecolodge. We are on our 6th snagging date now I think and all came and went without anyone actually confirming that they were going to be missed. An entirely bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the new foreman will get things moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aisseery

Has anyone bought in the recent phase at the Meadows?- the houses at the front? Anyone know when snagging is likely to happen?

Hi there,

I was on site on Friday. It looks like it will be at least 4 weeks before snagging. I had been emailing/calling JPM and [snipped] for 2 weeks but no one would respond, so I drove up to site for a look around and got the number of the new foreman - hopefully he will be more responsive!

Hi there,

At least that,s some idea of a time frame , I managed to speak to JPM yesterday and he told me that they had to sack the last foreman as things had been put in the wrong place and that had delayed everything. He said that everyone in phase 1 was looking to close.

He said he would come back to me this week so Ill keep you posted. We live in hope.

I have never experienced the way ecolodge do business its unbelievable!

• Advertisement

Yes, we are the same, have been calling and emailing now for over a week but not one bit surprised at the lack of response from JPM or Ecolodge. We are on our 6th snagging date now I think and all came and went without anyone actually confirming that they were going to be missed. An entirely bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the new foreman will get things moving again.

That awful , I cant believe they have given you 6 snag dates and missed every one, I was only given one for this Friday, and unless you have someone , which I don't, I had booked a guy to come and have had to cancel him as I cant get a response from ecolodge, when it was them who emailed me with the date in the first place !

I have spoken to the guy on reception at least 5 times and hes telling me he personally gave her the messages to contact me and I have emailed her . Apparently shes the manager in the office .

Hi there,

At least that,s some idea of a time frame , I managed to speak to JPM yesterday and he told me that they had to sack the last foreman as things had been put in the wrong place and that had delayed everything. He said that everyone in phase 1 was looking to close.

He said he would come back to me this week so Ill keep you posted. We live in hope.

I have never experienced the way ecolodge do business its unbelievable!

It’s absolutely shocking. We are also on our 5th/6th snagging date at this stage and we never receive communication to say that each date is delayed, it eventually just gets to the date and passes! The lack of engagement is totally unacceptable, I wonder what reason [snipped] has for blatantly ignoring us all?

Hi there,

I have been reading through the scanned documents on Wicklow planning this morning and the proposed completion date for phase one is 18/5/2019 .

Hi there,

I have been reading through the scanned documents on Wicklow planning this morning and the proposed completion date for phase one is 18/5/2019 .

Yes, we saw that recently. To me it means that it was always planned to take one year and that they basically 'stretched' the truth from the get go. The ad still says showhouse in early 2018 and there isn't even going to be a showhouse. I don't think that the old foreman can be blamed for the fact that Ecolodge ignore all calls and emails though.

Yes, we saw that recently. To me it means that it was always planned to take one year and that they basically 'stretched' the truth from the get go. The ad still says showhouse in early 2018 and there isn't even going to be a showhouse. I don't think that the old foreman can be blamed for the fact that Ecolodge ignore all calls and emails though.

I Agree,

They have basically given snag dates and completion dates that they never intended on honouring and just completely ignore anyone trying to question them!

• Advertisement

The old foreman - Ivica? He is the company owner - he and Tara ...

We bought in oct at a night price for a “quick sale” as out property was due in November- most of you bought way before then ?

Paid 30k more as the price had gone up !

Saw two people who looked like buyers outside the houses earlier when we were walking past. Looked a bit lost! Wonder if it was a snag date gone wrong!

Saw two people who looked like buyers outside the houses earlier when we were walking past. Looked a bit lost! Wonder if it was a snag date gone wrong!

Hopefully not! In addition to the new foreman they have also assigned a new point of contact who seems quite proactive and helpful so far, hopefully things will be smoother going forward!

Hopefully not! In addition to the new foreman they have also assigned a new point of contact who seems quite proactive and helpful so far, hopefully things will be smoother going forward!

Yes, I have spoken to her also, at least now there is someone contactable, they have said the delay is with Irish water and they hope to commence snagging early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Natalie85

Hi All, have just joined this group, has been frustrating over the last few months but glad we have a point of contact now. She seems very helpful, what I cannot understand is if there was ongoing issue with Irish water why was this never mentioned before ?

Anyhow, was anyone expecting appliances to be included “kitchen as per show house” just incase we have been advised these are not included.

Also has anyone been given a firm date in April yet for snagging ? Or has anyone been given a date as to when valuations can be completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ratnewpew

what is the story with sea-scape i walk by all mornings it should be over a year since they started constructing, is builder amateur?

I don’t know how Irish water could not be lined up it’s not like they have the build finished before they expected it - 6 months later than expected and still blame Irish water!!

It may be a good idea as there are so many buyers on this forum now to place all the questions we have to [snipped] - from all of us - it seems they are only going to release this first phase in one entire sweep so when one house is done they are all done so to speak .. my concern is that at date of snagging they are still behind on other works - will road and gardens and elec and water be ready etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stevieboi2004

Is anyone here buying in Waverley Meadow?

Is anyone here buying in Waverley Meadow?

My mam is, in phase one.

I don’t know how Irish water could not be lined up it’s not like they have the build finished before they expected it - 6 months later than expected and still blame Irish water!!

It may be a good idea as there are so many buyers on this forum now to place all the questions we have to fionnuala - from all of us - it seems they are only going to release this first phase in one entire sweep so when one house is done they are all done so to speak .. my concern is that at date of snagging they are still behind on other works - will road and gardens and elec and water be ready etc

Hi there, our latest update for snagging is 4th April which seems totally impossible looking at the site today. I've had some further correspondence with Ecolodge which I'm not particularly happy with. If anyone is interested in joining a WhatsApp group so that we can keep each other updated rather than on a public forum PM me your number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement