Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Hi, I have a quick query.

If you turn off Marlton Road onto Marlton Demense, drive up past Marlton Springs to Marlton Hall, will you eventually be able to access the Hawkstown Road when it’s finished?

I can’t find plans anywhere. Thanks

Yep, it connects Marlton Springs to Hawkstown Road, and should be finished soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

I've been looking at Kirvin Hill and The Meadows, I'm undecided which one to go for. Anyone heard any feedback from either of these builds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

redmond08 wrote: »
    I've been looking at Kirvin Hill and The Meadows, I'm undecided which one to go for. Anyone heard any feedback from either of these builds?

I live very close to Kirvin Hill. If it were me I'd probably go for the meadows,purely because its so close to wicklow town. Have a friend living in Kirvin Hill and she loves it. Very warm house. Area is good, school and centra in walking distance.

Location of the meadows would swing it for me though. Can walk home from the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I also live near Kirvin Hill and the 20 min walk up friars hill back from the pub does me the world of good! :)

• Advertisement

I'm viewing Kirvin Hill next week. I think Kirvin Hill is already floored and tiled, not sure about The Meadows, anyone have any idea if it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I'm viewing Kirvin Hill next week. I think Kirvin Hill is already floored and tiled, not sure about The Meadows, anyone have any idea if it is?

Kirvin is indeed floored and tiled. Unbelievable finish to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lillicrown

Hi I see Sea Scape have launched 8 houses (can’t post link but it’s up on daft and myhome). The site looks like it’s next to the Friary estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

I've a deposit down on one of them. We were one of the first in there in that development. We are being told they are due on site soon, but the same story has been told for nearly a year now. Getting very frustrated with it to be honest. They can build around 200 houses in there. I really cannot see why they are not in there working away. There's around 50- 60 million worth of residential development started in Wicklow since they said Sessile Oaks would start

• Advertisement

I have done, once I saw your comment. They said half of it had blown down anyway so they just took it down. We are being told the delay is to do with finance. there was a disagreement with the bank but that got cleared up around January, and we were told they would be onsite mid February at latest as finance was now released.
    We are being told the site hoarding is going up within the next two weeks, but its been a long year of 'two week' deadlines to be honest.
    We were told we would be living in our house in November last.

Lillicrown wrote: »
    Hi I see Sea Scape have launched 8 houses (can’t post link but it’s up on daft and myhome). The site looks like it’s next to the Friary estate.

Look like they're gonna be fab.

Was told Sessile Oaks will start middle of next month by the estate agent, when they start they will release the next phase. The Meadows they're hoping to release/start building the next phase late summer. Sea Scape looks decent, any idea who the developer is?

Do you mind me asking when you were told that?
    I'm hearing talk from them for the last year, but they do appear to be getting close to something now, but still all talk (like the Lyons tea ad) so far

Meadows will be more expensive that Sessile oaks ( if they do start) I'm told prices are going up by about 10% which is less than Meadows development has increased

Wicklow planning application number 16188 on the e planning wicklow site has all info for Sea scape

dbas wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking when you were told that?
    I'm hearing talk from them for the last year, but they do appear to be getting close to something now, but still all talk (like the Lyons tea ad) so far

Meadows will be more expensive that Sessile oaks ( if they do start) I'm told prices are going up by about 10% which is less than Meadows development has increased

Wicklow planning application number 16188 on the e planning wicklow site has all info for Sea scape

Was told that about week and a half ago. Yeah The Meadows will be more expensive according to the estate agent.

Was told that about week and a half ago. Yeah The Meadows will be more expensive according to the estate agent.

Depends on your budget then I suppose. Meadows is definitely closer to everything but the views from the Sessile Oaks site are amazing. Some locals on here call that part of Wicklow town 'the armpit' which i certainly hope doesn't prove exactly correct. Being from Dublin with a wife from Wexford- i think we'll manage.

Meadows 4 beds will be around 365-380k I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arandompaddy

Re Sea Scape, the developer is "Targetted investment opportunities ICAV" - which does share a director with Glenveagh - that being John Mulcahy - former head of portfolio management in NAMA.
    His background is questionable - a conflict of interest given that he would have known what "haircuts" were applied to many development lands around the country. But hey we need houses.

The builder is "Ecolodge Construction" and they've just about completed Limetree Hall in maynooth. Have a look at that for an idea of the quality of the build.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Look like they're gonna be fab.

They do, and first phase due for completion at the end of the summer.
    Timber frame = fast construction. Cracking sea views from the site, if that floats your boat.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info. Will keep an eye on it. It's not on daft yet. Looks a good site. We saw the signage on Sessile Oaks was cut down alright. We went down today to have a look. We are told they are onsite within two weeks. Old news though. If you pass that area at all and you see any construction activity please let me know

Pj Carey construction, part of Carey Group PLC, has started on Bristlewood (was marketed as this previously ) in Wicklow Town.
    The estate has an excellent layout and a desired location.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/17445/0

Where exactly will these be

Is Bristlewood really a great location though? 2km from main street and poorly served by footpaths and cycle lanes in the immediate area. Also looks like most houses be east or west facing.

Anyone heard anymore on these developments? Has Sessile Oaks started yet?

Anyone heard anymore on these developments? Has Sessile Oaks started yet?

Definitely hasn't started! Drive by everyday on the way to school.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Definitely hasn't started! Drive by everyday on the way to school.

I've just had a call from the agent saying they will be onsite on May 7th to start works.
    2013Lara would you mind posting here f you happen to see them onsite as you're passing as I don't live in the area (yet)
    Thanks

• Advertisement

dbas wrote: »
    I've just had a call from the agent saying they will be onsite on May 7th to start works.
    2013Lara would you mind posting here f you happen to see them onsite as you're passing as I don't live in the area (yet)
    Thanks

Will do!

Advertisement