Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: 50mm Carbon Clincher Rim Brake Wheelset

• 10-04-2021 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Looking for a pair in good condition, around 50mm rim depth....something like a 2nd hand Prime pair...also considering a Chinese pair for c.€300 from AliExpress if nothing comes up if anyone has any experience of these, not a big mileage person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I have a set of Venn Rev 35mm full carbon clinchers in mint condition. I might be selling them on as I have too many wheelsets. Review below:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/wheels/venn-rev-35-tcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 cjmcc

Approx. how much for the Venns?

cjmcc wrote: »
    Approx. how much for the Venns?

€650 including Conto GP4000 tyres. Cassette not included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 cjmcc

How old are the wheels and tires? How many km's on them? What width are the tyres? Thanks

cjmcc wrote: »
    How old are the wheels and tires? How many km's on them? What width are the tyres? Thanks

2 years old, not sure of how many KMs as they are on my steel bike that only gets used the odd Sunday. They have a couple of cosmetic marks from storage. Tyres are 25mm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭ratracer

I have a set of these which I will be putting up for sale later in the week when I get pics of them:

https://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/mavic-cosmic-carbone-40-elite-2016-road-wheelset

Bullet proof wheelset, in excellent condition. I run 25mm tyres on them. These are my second set of wheels, but I rarely use them because they are a narrower rim width than my primary set and I need to adjust the brakes to swap them.

Will be looking for €425 inc. Mavic wheel bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

ratracer wrote: »
    I have a set of these which I will be putting up for sale later in the week when I get pics of them:

https://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/mavic-cosmic-carbone-40-elite-2016-road-wheelset

Bullet proof wheelset, in excellent condition. I run 25mm tyres on them. These are my second set of wheels, but I rarely use them because they are a narrower rim width than my primary set and I need to adjust the brakes to swap them.

Will be looking for €425 inc. Mavic wheel bags.

Interested in these if the op is not.
    Cheers, Nico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Galego

@ratracer I put myself on the waiting list for those Cosmics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aidan61

Interested. Please put me on the list!

Just to update on my wheelset:

I've spent the last few days trying to source a replacement set of wheels, but as you'll all probably be aware, everything is in short supply just now. I will hold off on selling them until I get their replacements here, but will let ye know when they are available, keeping the buyer order in this thread as it currently is.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

• Advertisement

So 6 months on, I’d completely forgotten about these wheels. They’ve sat in my garage since, and haven’t been on any of my bikes. Pics attached, will sell as said here previously for €425, but that’s firm, and postage is at buyers expense.

In the interest of fairness, I’ll give preference to lads in order on here, for a few days anyway, if still interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Offer asking subject to inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Still interested and was first in line initially (after the op).

Offer asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Peeling1979

I’ve to pass, OP, got rid of the rim brake racer and went disc and now looking for the same in disc 🙂

GLWS would’ve went with these if I had the bike still 👍

Ok, as I’ve said from the beginning of this thread 6 months ago, I’ll give preference to the original list of interested sellers, so @nicksnikita you were next on the list after Peeling1979, so I’ll accept your offer. I’m in Galway so let me know how your fixed.

@fat bloke hope this seems fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Fair nuff

Sold to @nicksnikita . Thanks Nicolas.

Advertisement