Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunedin Terrace, Monkstown Farm

Options
  • 14-07-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering what people's experiences are with this street/ area? Looking at buying a house there but have seen the gardai parked up outside the flats two out of the four times we've visited which seems a little ominous. Also concerned about potential anti social behavior in Dunedin Park. We will be speaking to the gardai but would love to hear from anyone who lives there.

Daisy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Hi,

Just wondering what people's experiences are with this street/ area? Looking at buying a house there but have seen the gardai parked up outside the flats two out of the four times we've visited which seems a little ominous. Also concerned about potential anti social behavior in Dunedin Park. We will be speaking to the gardai but would love to hear from anyone who lives there.

Daisy

Gardai won't tell you anything official
    Keep doing what you're doing & visit the area at different times of the day

Go through the park on weekend nights & again on weekend mornings for evidence of drinking.

It's not as bad as it used to be but houses there would be priced accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

There has been some serious problems with drinking/anti-social behaviour in the park opposite. It does seem to be reduced now though, don't know why.

I mean it was already noticeably reduced even pre-Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There's cameras gone up in Dunedin Park which might explain that. I live nearby and in fairness its usually pretty quiet, even when there's gangs of youths around. I've never had any trouble with them myself. Asked them to move from the front of the house once because they were keeping the kids awake late at night and they just moved, house wasn't even egged :D The guards go down to have a look when there's large groups but I don't think I've ever seen them actually do anything. Once every now and then a wheelie bin seems to get brought down to the park and set fire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

That area getting steadily gentrified, it is a great location. You may expect it to improve.

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    That area getting steadily gentrified, it is a great location. You may expect it to improve.

There'll always be an element there.
    Monkstown Farm is being "gentrified" for the last 30 years but there's still some problem families in there.

I ran through Dunedin park on Wednesday morning & the council were cleaning up a cans & fire party from the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maybemaybenot

Hi,

Daisy

Hey Daisy, did you ever buy on Dunedin in the end? I’m looking at a house there at the moment

Any updates on Dunedin Terrace for April 2022? I'm looking at a Streetview of it, albeit from August 2014 (strange Google hasn't been back there since!), and there are houses boarded up.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2865758,-6.1526578,3a,75y,134.93h,88.63t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIZOrxa0-UEvX1EwYu148Ig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Seriously, what was going on that was so bad that they're boarding up houses in Monkstown? Is there any improvement since? If you had young children would you move in there or move elsewhere with your €450,000 plus?

I walked the dog around there last week while one of the kids was in Bluepool.

Saw 3 drug deals. Guy on a electric bike appears and does an exchange with buyers. He then zips off again.

Same advice from me as in 2020 - go there at different times of different days to get your own opinion.

Advertisement