Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Being Cased ?

Options
  • 07-12-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭

Folk, just wondering if I should call the Gardai, or what to do...

Last Friday, I arrived to my folks place from shopping to find a van, which despite there being ample parking on the road, was 100% blocking the driveway and on the path too, I parked about 30 meters in front of it, observing them in the mirror, two men were what seemed to be observing both properties, folks and the neighbors....

I got out, went to speak to the driver who apologized for blocking the driveway but informed me he was booked to do my neighbors guttering but my neighbor wasn’t there and he was waiting, but he’d move straight away... on heading back to my car, I noticed my neighbor through their front window, there and sat on their PC !

Instead of moving up and allowing me access the driveway, they instead drove straight off.

Tonight I received a call from my Dad saying how two kids called to the house... about 16, looking for sponsorship and claimed to be neighbors... my Dad can be savvy enough and asked them where they lived, stupidly they said the house number, the number they gave him again...stupidly was 10 doors away and are two very elderly people with no kids...

Both the accents of the children and person in the van happened to be of or similar to the accent of let’s say an Irish ethnic minority group who generally live nomadically. Quite a coincidence.

With a partial van reg and description ... would there be any point in contacting the Gardai ?.. my gut tells me these two events, we’ll im 100% sure were connected... only thing doesn’t add up is parking so close as in directly outside the house....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Absolutely call The Gardai, you got a part of their reg, you must know the make and model of the van.

You never know, they might recognise who they were.

The Gardai are there for that and I am sure they would welcome your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah, just spoke to my Dad and in fact he already was on to them, Garda didn’t say much but alluded to being aware of this or a similar vehicle acting in a similar manner and to be aware it’s a blue 04D ???27 Renault Master... D11 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Absolutely call the GS. Even partial bits of information can fill in the bigger picture.

Advertisement