Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book swap circle?

Options
  • 15-02-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

A few years ago I was part of a book circle - you email someone your name and mailing address to get into the mailing circle, you are then given a name to send a book to, and then you also receive a book. This was a pretty short-lived idea and I only got to read two new books before the circle seemed to lose interest.

Has anyone else heard of this? Or is anyone involved in one? I would really like to do it again as the concept is fun and you only need to pay for postage essentially.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I used to use Bookmooch. I don't know if it still exists but you wrote a list of books you had to give away and had a wish list of books you wanted. If someone spotted a book of yours they wanted, you sent it to them, and you would be emailed when your desired book was available somewhere. It only cost you the price of posting your book as the sender absorbs the price.

Advertisement