Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Laptop from Dell UK

• 28-10-2020 10:38am

Has anyone bought a laptop direct from Dell UK. Dell Ireland seems to be sold out of most Inspiron range.

Any problems?

Comments

if you can get them to sell it to you should be ok.

one point to check is if warranty is covered in Ireland as it's not where it was sold from

get onto the chat - they will probably eventually be able to answer your questions

I went to go through the buying process but they wouldn't allow me complete purchase as I'm not UK. Bit of a bummer as Dell Ireland hsve very little left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I went to go through the buying process but they wouldn't allow me complete purchase as I'm not UK. Bit of a bummer as Dell Ireland hsve very little left.

Would addrespal work? or is it refusing your card?

someone before was able to talk to chat and they let him buy the item.

it was from the UK but was on the outlet

no harm in actually trying to communicate with a human!

Would addrespal work? or is it refusing your card?

It was looking for UK postcode and didnt have a dropdown for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

It was looking for UK postcode and didnt have a dropdown for Ireland.

I mean use an addresspal postcode, order it and get it delivered to them, several days later get it from your local Post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I mean use an addresspal postcode, order it and get it delivered to them, several days later get it from your local Post office.

Problem with that is you lose your customer rights on a pricey item.

GarIT wrote: »

Bit risky for a 800 to 1000 euro item alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

GarIT wrote: »

Probably wouldn't have been an issue if UK still in EU.

Unless it's a global warranty of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Probably wouldn't have been an issue if UK still in EU.

Unless it's a global warranty of course

Yeah, some places do offer global warranties but it's never as good as your legal rights. Even if the UK was still in the EU you would have to go through the UK small claims court if there was an issue instead of the Irish one if you got it shipped to a UK address (even a parcel delivery service). As someone who has had to take two small claims court cases against Dell and won both times that's not a risk I would take.

• Advertisement

I hope that the OP did actually get on chat and ask somebody in Dell

1. what would be the warranty situation if buying from Ireland sent to a UK address but used in Ireland

2. is is possible to buy that UK item from Ireland maybe directly?

I ended up buying one from currys here in Ireland. I was just a bit weary of having to deal with the UK if there were any problems with the laptop.

I ended up buying one from currys here in Ireland. I was just a bit weary of having to deal with the UK if there were any problems with the laptop.

the online sales are not really "in the uk" though.

should have asked them on webchat!

Advertisement