Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council bins removed in drogheda

Options
  • 12-05-2020 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

While the littering in Drogheda helps me to follow ‘stay at home advice’ as it’s no pleasure to look at state of the town I wonder why the Council bins are being removed? I spotted 3 gone in my area-one near Johns Centra, one by Marymount school and one and only on the Way to Funtasia. Anyone else noticed that elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

uli84 wrote: »
    While the littering in Drogheda helps me to follow ‘stay at home advice’ as it’s no pleasure to look at state of the town I wonder why the Council bins are being removed? I spotted 3 gone in my area-one near Johns Centra, one by Marymount school and one and only on the Way to Funtasia. Anyone else noticed that elsewhere?

I'd hazard a guess and say it's because lowlifes are filling them with domestic waste.

They have been slow / selective about emptying some of them too. Noticed the ones near DPL gone earlier and in recent years they've removed ones from Marleys lane and Donore Rd too for the same reason, people dumping household waste in and more regularly beside them.

When I'm visiting family it's a regular sight on a Friday evening to see bags of rubbish the council have picked up around the area that day (red ones with LCC logo on) left at the wall between Ballsgrove and Rathmullen right under the camera there. They get left there until Monday morning and it gets added to by locals over the weekend. Haven't gotten a satisfactory answer to why this is left to happen or why they don't bring the bags with them on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

The bin at top of moneymore has been gone a few weeks now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

It’s going to be “interesting”, hope they have some plan rather than just removing them and that’s it. Naive I know.

Advertisement