Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks

Options
  • 28-08-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody else know a reason why the council would take on the idiotic task of putting roundabouts on 2 of the busiest schools roads in town at the same time school season starts back??
    Common sense would suggest they carry out the work on the 3 quite months of the summer. They did this a few years ago on the boris road in September and there was major traffic delays. Does anybody have a logical reason for the timing or is it pure stupidity??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

County council.....and the word . Logical don't go together.

County council and stupidty....... That sounds just about right.

Learn from mistakes - nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

traffic delays.... sounds like we need another roundabout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

traffic delays.... sounds like we need another roundabout!!

Don't forget with roundabouts come pedestrian crossings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

In fairness they are needed where they're going. It's just dreadful timing

Again with the roadworks just as school is back why do they wait until September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've been asking myself this all week.
    You couldn't make it up.
    Abbeyleix road, Timahoe Road...dunno where else.
    Senseless decisions -again!

I've been asking myself this all week.
    You couldn't make it up.
    Abbeyleix road, Timahoe Road...dunno where else.
    Senseless decisions -again!

It like they actually wait for school to re start. I dunno, can't make sense of it.

Well for starters it was daft starting last week before Electric Picnic, with so much traffic going through Portlaoise enroute to Stradbally.
    But to have that coinciding with back to school and then start digging up roads in more than one place at the same time?

Best wait until the National Ploughing Championship comes back to Laois before planning the next major dig-a-hole week.

Well for starters it was daft starting last week before Electric Picnic, with so much traffic going through Portlaoise enroute to Stradbally.
    But to have that coinciding with back to school and then start digging up roads in more than one place at the same time?

Best wait until the National Ploughing Championship comes back to Laois before planning the next major dig-a-hole week.

I'm surprised they didn't dig up the road around the new primary school on the 1st Sept

Hush now.
    You'll give them ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 103 ✭✭UncleAlbert00

WTF is it with Laois and roadworks? Road from Mountmellick to Emo closed for the past week meaning a good 15 minute detour on the way to work. More in Stradbally to Portlaoise road. Also on Fairgreen road in Portlaoise. Oh, let's not forget Portarlington, stuck in that dump today for a good 20 minutes on the one way street.

It would drive you up the wall.

WTF is it with Laois and roadworks? Road from Mountmellick to Emo closed for the past week meaning a good 15 minute detour on the way to work. More in Stradbally to Portlaoise road. Also on Fairgreen road in Portlaoise. Oh, let's not forget Portarlington, stuck in that dump today for a good 20 minutes on the one way street.

It would drive you up the wall.

That's if you could even drive up that wall, cause there's probably works on that too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

probably more to do with when funding becomes available moreso than anything else

Mountmellick to Tullamore too, plus Abbeyleix today, it's non stop everywhere.

"Oi, we've not dug up this road in a while, so..."

Advertisement