Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie Asking Prices

Options
  • 06-01-2012 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭

With Estate Agents has anybody had any success bargaining on prices? Myself and my housemate are moving to a new area and have set a budget, some places are slightly over budget but I'm thinking a bit of wheeling an dealing might see us right.

I'm thinking we need to sell the fact we are two professional males that work full time.

Bargaining directly with an owner is easy enough I got the current place we are in down by €130 but most of the houses and apartments where we are looking are Estate Agent listings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Yes, you can most definitely get a bit off the advertised rental prices. But only if the landlord wants you and there is nobody similar that is willing to pay more. If you're in a rush to get a place it will most likely hinder your chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ritchi wrote: »
    Yes, you can most definitely get a bit off the advertised rental prices. But only if the landlord wants you and there is nobody similar that is willing to pay more. If you're in a rush to get a place it will most likely hinder your chances.

No rush at all, our lease has another 7 weeks to run. I've had success when dealing directly with Landlords, am just wondering has anybody had any success at all with Agents though

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

They just relay the offer to the owner.

You are still dealing with the landlord indirectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

shangri la wrote: »
    They just relay the offer to the owner.

You are still dealing with the landlord indirectly.

HOPEFULLY they will relay the offer to the owner.

At the moment I have very little respect or confidence in estate agents and letting agents, whether well known names or otherwise. I have e-mailed one 3 times and am still waiting for a reply!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

I've always got a decent rent reduction, whether it be direct to the landlord or through letting agents. My last letting agent was a gem and actually pushed us to a landlord with a €100 rent reduction over a group of lads who were willing to pay the asking price, explaining that we were most likely to cause less hassle/damage in the long run :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement