Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With House Next door!

Options
  • 06-01-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,309 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tbh it doesn't look to bad. The shed appears to be below the height of the boundary wall and the hanging facia is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Bit of an awkward situation to be in, I know in our estate there are a few houses that aren't kept too well and it does bring the place down an awful lot.

Is there a residents association? If they can't do anything about it I think your best option is to get the owners number and talk with him directly to see what the story is. I don't think anyone would rent a place looking the way it is.

Best of luck with it, I know how annoying this can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you don't get progress in the next few days, talk to the dangerous buildings section in the council, mentioning that bits have come off the roof.

I'm not sure that you can do anything with the shed, but if there is more waste on the property, talk to the litter warden.

Would you like to buy a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

i really dont see the issue here. I dont see anything dangerous in the pics.

if somebody wants to let their facia rot then they are absolutly entitled to one it doesnt cause a danger to anybody as a result.

just because the OPs dad doesnt like its apperance next to his home doesnt mean the house owner has to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Wtf? Taking photos of a pile of wood in a private back garden? Yes, talk to the litter warden about a pile of wood out of public sight in somebody's back garden. I'm sure they'll send a task force posthaste. Better report me too, I've a couple of bales of briquettes in my mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Vain wrote: »

You dont see the issue? Can you not see the 3 ft aluminum facia in the above pic blowing in the wind that forced us not to be able to use our own drive! Im also sure it wouldnt hurt if it blew off into you in the bad winds we have been having!

you said it has blown off so its not an issue anymore. i dont see anything ELSE that is dangerous in those pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,309 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Vain wrote: »
    Its sad to see the house get into such disrepair!

how is it in Disrepair??
    just because it has an unpainted facia. in reality that it what is.
    I think your real gripe is that it is rented and not owner occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Those are some grand sized houses!

Advertisement