Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken jaw

Options
  • 27-06-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Thought best place to post;-)

Its been a week since I got wired up for broken jaw. Can only eat through liquid diet. Am told will be 4 more weeks till can get wires out.

My question is can my jaw still heal without wires in? I wanna take em out. Concerned about my weight , teeth + obviously the tourture of not been able eat..

My jaw not actually sore. Its my teeth that causing pain as cant brush propper and all intake goes through teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,717 ✭✭✭✭walshb

yomamma wrote: »
    Thought best place to post;-)

Its been a week since I got wired up for broken jaw. Can only eat through liquid diet. Am told will be 4 more weeks till can get wires out.

My question is can my jaw still heal without wires in? I wanna take em out. Concerned about my weight , teeth + obviously the tourture of not been able eat..

My jaw not actually sore. Its my teeth that causing pain as cant brush propper and all intake goes through teeth.

This is something that you need to discuss with a health professional...

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

walshb wrote: »
    This is something that you need to discuss with a health professional...

You know and I know what doctor would say even if it was 98% ok to take em out

You know and I know what doctor would say even if it was 98% ok to take em out

I broke my jaw many years ago from boxing. 6 weeks wired.

I am sure the jaw heals without them, like a lot of things heal without medical intervention. Whether it's safe and advisable to allow nature take its course?

I broke my jaw many years ago from boxing. 6 weeks wired.

I am sure the jaw heals without them, like a lot of things heal without medical intervention. Whether it's safe and advisable to allow nature take its course?

6 weeks.... How much weight you lose? What were teeth like after?

6 weeks.... How much weight you lose? What were teeth like after?

Teeth were fine. I was boxing at the time and was about 57 kgs when it happened. I dropped to around 52/53. Lived on weetabix and yogurts.

• Advertisement

Teeth were fine. I was boxing at the time and was about 57 kgs when it happened. I dropped to around 52/53. Lived on weetabix and yogurts.

Its a nightmare. I cant even eat weetabix. Tried shisk load of milk and also hot water. Gets stuck. Teeth completely closed :*)

Advertisement