Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old boxing films

Options
  • 16-06-2018 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I’d like to get my hands on all of Ali’s fights. Actually all the fights ever of everyone to be honest.
    Where would I need to go looking. I don’t want talking heads popping up between every exchange and them just showing highlights etc.
    I’d be even prepared to buy dvds (I’m not sure I have a DVD player anymore though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I’d like to get my hands on all of Ali’s fights. Actually all the fights ever of everyone to be honest.
    Where would I need to go looking. I don’t want talking heads popping up between every exchange and them just showing highlights etc.
    I’d be even prepared to buy dvds (I’m not sure I have a DVD player anymore though)

I used to buy fights online privately from collectors. I doubt you would have too much trouble sourcing Ali fights..

Maybe the first few would be difficult to get, but still very possible.

Just search online for people or companies that stock fight films..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

To be honest, having been a buyer myself from collectors for years, there's no need to anymore - Youtube is your friend.

A great example was for years Eder Jofre tapes could never be sourced and the thinking was there was no surviving recordings of any of his fights. Along comes Youtube and voila there's loads of videos of him.

I suspect any recording you want of Ali will be on Youtube. Use Boxrec for his fight record and then just search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Just watched shavers and Holmes.

Men were men back then

Hearnes v haggler holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hearnes v haggler holy ****

Cracking fight. It sounds like you’re beginning your boxing viewing journey?

I think of all the fights in recent history, Hagler-Hearns is the one fight that reached out to every sports fan...and even non sports fans..

Before that probably Ali-Foreman...my personal favorite ever fight.

Back to Hagler. His 1986 fight v Mugabul is a belter. Rd 6 one of the sport’s greatest ever rds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Just watched shavers and Holmes.

Men were men back then

Sounds like you’d love Foreman vs Lyle.

walshb wrote: »
    Cracking fight. It sounds like your beginning your boxing viewing journey?

I think of all the fights in recent history, Hagler-Hearns is the one fight that reached out to every sports fan...and even non sports fans..

Before that probably Ali-Foreman...my personal favorite ever fight.

Back to Hagler. His 1986 fight v Mugabul is a belter. Rd 6 one of the sport’s greatest ever rds.

Haha yeah I’ve watched the big events the last15 years or so and am slowly getting into the smaller events. It’s only now I’m looking to watch the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I hope to have myself a nice den when I'm retired and I can spend my days reading and re-watching old fights.

I enjoy MMA and Kickboxing as well, so I'm never likely to run out of things to watch.

Advertisement