Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting Legal Requirements

Options
  • 29-10-2020 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Hello all, hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not feel free to tell me where to go.

So I am in the process of setting up my own website (have not published it yet), it will be for educational use with no paid services, subscriptions or logins. I won't be storing any visitor info. People will simply come on to the site (hopefully!), read a bit and maybe download a file or two. I haven't even registered a business for the website because I simply won't be doing any business off it.

My question is what do I have to provide in terms of legality, privacy statements etc.? I don't really know the first thing about website design but I don't think I will be using any cookies or such?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Talisman

You'll want some way of tracking that people are visiting the website so this will involve incorporating analytics such as Google Analytics. You'll need to have a policy document for that. There are plenty of services that will walk you through creating standard documentation.

See https://www.privacypolicies.com/ as an example.

Advertisement