Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help tuning a TV to a pong console

Options
  • 20-08-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

I recently found this is the attic.

Cant get it to work on a Sony TV that i can get my Atari 2600 Jnr to work on.

Any tips for old pong games and newer TV's?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, I own an Atari Pong console myself of the 3 or 4 crts I own only one of them will tune to the thing and even then the picture is in peculiar colours, which is novel for a console that outputs a monochrome picture.

All I can suggest is experimentation and trying to tune it on a VCRs built in tuner instead.
    There may be a switch on the console to change the output frequency as well.
    You could try looking up an AV mod as well, drawing the video signal before it gets to the RF modulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks for the help,

Will try the VCR tuner idea, i did find a few of those switcher things, TV/Ant/Game ones. One for the NES too which is neat. Think its an RF convertor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm actually on a hunt for a black and white telly for my Pong console, I reckon it might be the only way for it to display as it should

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm actually on a hunt for a black and white telly for my Pong console, I reckon it might be the only way for it to display as it should

My soundic one is colour and has a lightgun for target practice

**puts on top hat and monacle**

All joking aside tuning in via vcr could be the way to go - My LCD Tv did actually pick it up but the results were shocking.

Looks ok on my sony portable crt though.

I see theres a few of us with them - lets have a pong party!

I have two, an Ingersoll European one and an original Atari Super Pong console from the States.
    The latter is awesome but I'd love to play it in the original B&W!
    I think itay need a new potentiometer in one of the controllers though, must look for a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Honestly, I own an Atari Pong console myself of the 3 or 4 crts I own only one of them will tune to the thing and even then the picture is in peculiar colours, which is novel for a console that outputs a monochrome picture.

I kinda loved playing rainbow-pong!

Star Lord wrote: »
    I kinda loved playing rainbow-pong!

Everyone does mate, everyone does....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hmmm might try this, thanks,

Advertisement