Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Traveller thread

Options
  • 18-06-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story is with the Traveller thread on After Hours? It has been "closed pending review" since last week.

Any chance of an update or at least an explanation?

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The thread wasn't closed by the forum mods - it was closed by me, in the capacity of admin. Too many posts there had descended into dehumanising crap, far more than could simply be modded on the fly by the AH mod team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

So its just closed, as opposed to closed pending review?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Based on feedback, and a general trend as of late for any thread discussing a controversial topic to immediately degenerate, we've been discussing the underlying issues that are leading to this style of posting, rather than just treating the symptoms yet again. That has taken precedence for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Thanks for that Mike. Appreciate if you could keep the thread updated as to when it might reopen. It is very much an ongoing issue in Ireland and another thread will be opened eventually.

I took a look at that thread to see if anything could be salvaged from it conversation wise, and the overall conclusion I came to was that it needs to be shot, and burned with fire.

There's no saving that thread - it is filled from start to finish with vitriol, and to save it would mean gutting most of the content. And the recent PM I received asking "Will the knacker thread be re-opened any time soon??" doesn't inspire confidence the hearts and minds of the posters have suddenly changed. :rolleyes:

If you wish to start a new thread on the topic here, then feel free to do so. However, any posts that stray from discussion into referring to people as vermin, or other forms of xenophobia will be nuked with extreme prejudice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement